Default rec.audio.pro,comp.music.misc,alt.music.mp3.winamp

I am using Winamp v5.01 and have a Mobile Intel Pentium 4 2.66 but
Winamp is consistently chewing up over 50% of my processor?! As far as
I know I have not changed anything on it but as of the last 2 weeks it
has been taking up the majority of my Processor. I was wondering if
anyone else has been having similar problems and if anyone might have
some idea how to resolve this? The "priority" is set to
"Normal" under preferences, if I set it any lower then the music
becomes unbearably choppy. Any help on this one would be *really*
appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko