#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version on albumor CD soundtrack

Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version on album or CD soundtrack

Two examples: "Footloose"(Kenny Loggins), and "Hungry Eyes"(Eric Carmen).

The overall arrangement and tone of the songs, on album vs when used in
the movie, are more than different enough to notice, but not so different as
to not recognize the hit song.

Any reason for this? BTW I actually like how "Hungry Eyes" sounds in 'Dirty
Dancing' compared to how it sounds on the soundtrack album - lead and
backing vocals are more in front, and song is just half an octave lower in
key and slightly slower speed.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version on albumor CD soundtrack

Hi K,

That's not a uncommon as you think.
Ran across another Pop song with a different mix for movie usage. I'm listening top Todd Runt "We Gotta Get You A Woman"
and the mix, that I feel is superior than the offical mix, included as a Bonus track.

Now, the stupid. You might remember "Little Green Bag", George Baker, The FULL 4:27 min. album rendition can be found on Collectables CD lable, selling for $20+ used, but it sounds BAD!

David Bowie's Space Oddity, in Italian, can be found on a movie souund track!!

Usiing phone to send tghis. High tech now!

Jack

Jack
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

p.s. Frankie & The Knockouts come to mind over this. Was announced maybe 2 years ago.

Jack

#6   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

JackA: "Todd Runt"?!

That's MISTER RUNDGREN to you,
Jr!
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

We Gotta Get You A Woman is relased as "Runt"! And they made fun of his name during studio talk - maybe We're An American Band.

Not sure why you are so interested in Movie Soundtracks, thinking is would be neat to compile, but most people aren't interested in it, trust me.

Jack
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version onalbum or CD soundtrack

An enemy turn friend visted my site, claiming he doesn't care for the remixed crap. So, I had to tell him that Doctor My Eyes dude, maybe his entire catalog, was remixed, that he was "sharing"! Yeah, Jackson Browne.

And tell K Man that one of Browne's hits was on a Movie Soundtrack, remixed, sounded strange. Why? Why Not?

Jack
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version onalbum or CD soundtrack

I say it more has to do with promoting the song, as old as it may be, but with less than great sound, so people will purchase the CD with the official mix.

Jack
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 4:34:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Version of Song as heard in a movie different than version on album or CD soundtrack

Two examples: "Footloose"(Kenny Loggins), and "Hungry Eyes"(Eric Carmen).

The overall arrangement and tone of the songs, on album vs when used in
the movie, are more than different enough to notice, but not so different as
to not recognize the hit song.

Any reason for this? BTW I actually like how "Hungry Eyes" sounds in 'Dirty
Dancing' compared to how it sounds on the soundtrack album - lead and
backing vocals are more in front, and song is just half an octave lower in
key and slightly slower speed.

This comes to mind: Lulu, To Sir With Love, circa 1967. Something odd about that soundtrack release.

Jack