What tubes in new New Music Fidelity X can?

Old March 12th 05, 05:37 PM
Dave xxxx

Default What tubes in new New Music Fidelity X can?

What tubes are used inX-CANV3 Headphone Amplifier

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/Products/SmallX

thanks

Dave

www.davewhitter.myby.co.uk

Music is Art - Audio is Engineering
Steam is Fun

Old March 13th 05, 10:42 AM
Tonni

know ;-)
" 6112 twin triode (two) "

Tonni

k...

Old March 14th 05, 05:06 PM
Gilbert Bates

> know ;-)
>" 6112 twin triode (two) "
>
>Tonni
>

>> What tubes are used inX-CANV3 Headphone Amplifier
>>
>> http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/Products/SmallX
>>

>> thanks
>>

>> Dave

Actually his link pointed to the tube CD buffer which uses the 6112
nuvistor, while his request was for the headphone amp which I think
uses a regular 12ax7...
Old March 15th 05, 11:55 AM
Kim Johan Andersson

Gilbert Bates wrote:

> Actually his link pointed to the tube CD buffer which uses the 6112
> nuvistor, while his request was for the headphone amp which I think
> uses a regular 12ax7...

Sounds a bit odd, as the V2 employs two 6DJ8s.

Regards,
Kimjand

Old March 15th 05, 09:35 PM
robert casey

Tonni wrote:
> know ;-)
> " 6112 twin triode (two) "

I would have thought that 6112s would be a bit too
wimpy for that. I would have thought of using 6111s
in a SRPP circuit. I did that in a CD player, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wa2ise/images/srppdac.gif
but not for the headphones directly. More at:
http://pw2.netcom.com/~wa2ise/radios...ac.htm#tubedac