Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] netline-fddi-jpl-nasa@hotmail.com is offline

Default c6XX starter kits capabilities

c6XX starter kits capabilities
In article , Mike Morris mike
wrote:
The subject line pretty much says it all - I'd like to
build or buy a few 8w and 40w flourescent tube driver units.
Somewhere there has to have been a construction article in a magazine.

Greetings. First, you might want to fix that return e-mail address...
right now it's just "mike" and that's a tad generic ;-)

Second, if you're determined to build your own (there are advantages
like fixability, duplication, off-shelf parts, ease of modification)
MARK V (kit place) sells a nice kit. It's Order #: TY-2 and costs
$14.75 (you can get an assembled/tested unit for $20.50) and here's
the blurb:

"This unit drives 6-40W fluorescent light for portable and emergency
use. Works from 7.2V to 16VDC battery. Includes a 'Hi-Efficiency
Switchmode IC Driving Circuit' suitable for use with different
lights. 1lb"

A friend of mine got one recently and said that the kit was complete,
the
PCB was nice, and it worked the first time. I ordered a kit from them
back
in 2006 and they were prompt. They've been around since '85...

I'm sure other places sell these as well but this is the only one I
have experience with. BTW, the JCWhitney one is very similar to all
the "el-cheapo" lights that you can find in gizmo-stores. I got one
dead and the switching transistor was undersized and shorted... not
pretty. Also, they are usually designed with custom-marked parts so
have fun in drawing out the schematic and fixing it...

Their address is:

Mark V Electronics, Inc.
8019 E. Slauson Ave
Montebello, CA 90640
http://www.markvelectronics.com/store

1-800-521-MARK/1-800-423-FIVE
Free Catalog from (213)888-8988
Fax: 213-888-6868

Just a happy camper :-)

Take care.

P.S. Pardon that last pun ;-)
--
+--Filip "I'll buy a vowel" Gieszczykiewicz | E-mail:

http://www.paranoia.com/~filipg | Sci.Electronics, RC, Misc FAQs +
MORE!
| Enjoy your job, work within the law, make lots of money : Choose any
two.
| Making money with CS and spending it on robotics, life & friends. !
NOT(!PC)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David L. Foreman David L. Foreman is offline

Subject: Mark V Electronics no longer in business
From: Bryston May Sing, CEO
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2003 14:09:17 -0500

Please note that Mark V Electronics is no longer in business.

If you are attempting to send mail to Bryston May Sing, CEO,
please re-address it to Bryston May Sing, CEO at markvelectronics.com
(replace the " at " with @).

Dear Friend,After more than twenty years, Mark V Electronics Products has ceased
doing business. We recognize that there are certain obligations to our customers
that we will not be able to fulfill. This is not our wish, but it is necessary.
For a variety of reasons including the dollars in today's high-tech environment
directed toward marketing and sales, Mark V Electronics's product features
simply could not keep pace with the messages from well-funded giants in our
marketplace.As a result, the revenue stream necessary to provide for our company
and continue our dream, simply was not enough to keep Mark V Electronics viable.
We regret not being able to continue to provide products and services to our
customers and friends. We also deeply regret any inconvience that this action
may cause to our current users and customers.In the event of an urgent
requirement to contact someone regarding a problem with a Mark V Electronics
product, please send an e-mail to
the behalf of the entire
Mark V Electronics staff, we thank all of our customers and friends for having
had the opportunity to work with you in such a worthy and interesting
profession. The experience was, is and will be a treasured part of our
lives.Best regards,Bryston May Sing, PhD, (CEO)President Randolph P Greenburg,
PhDEugene Weaver, BS, Chief EngineerAngie Buprecht, Engineering R&DMaryln
Johannon, Chief IS/MIS, CSJames Hecht, Applications/Database Software
DeveloperDonald Smith, Software Testing/Q&AMorice Hernandez, Lead
TechnicianJulie Flores, Office Manager Sorry for the inconvenience! This email
sent to