Default Stereophile: not a shred of integrity

Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has zero oversight on
things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo disks, that make people laugh at you
when you try to claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and anyone
with a shred of integrity would be offended to let the glowing reviews that
the dolts at SP penned ever see light of day.

(Begin Dance here)

The "Atkinson Two-step"!

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has
zero oversight on things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo
disks, that make people laugh at you when you try to
claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and
anyone with a shred of integrity would be offended to
let the glowing reviews that the dolts at SP penned ever
see light of day.

(Begin Dance here)

The "Atkinson Two-step"!

I wonder at Audiophools like Paul Packer and the rest of the
Middius dupes who don't seem to understand that SP's
economically efficacious promotion of snake oil like Shakti
Stones and Mpingo
disks, is based on how incredibly easy it is to manipulate
sighted evaluations.

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has
zero oversight on things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo
disks, that make people laugh at you when you try to
claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and
anyone with a shred of integrity would be offended to
let the glowing reviews that the dolts at SP penned ever
see light of day.

(Begin Dance here)

The "Atkinson Two-step"!

I wonder at Audiophools like Paul Packer and the rest of the
Middius dupes who don't seem to understand that SP's
economically efficacious promotion of snake oil like Shakti
Stones and Mpingo
disks, is based on how incredibly easy it is to manipulate
sighted evaluations.

Could it be that Shakti Stones, Mpingo disks and other snakeoil crapola
have a "subconcious effect" on the "vibrations"? :-D

paul packer

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:53:36 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has
zero oversight on things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo
disks, that make people laugh at you when you try to
claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and
anyone with a shred of integrity would be offended to
let the glowing reviews that the dolts at SP penned ever
see light of day.

(Begin Dance here)

The "Atkinson Two-step"!

I wonder at Audiophools like Paul Packer and the rest of the
Middius dupes who don't seem to understand that SP's
economically efficacious promotion of snake oil like Shakti
Stones and Mpingo
disks, is based on how incredibly easy it is to manipulate
sighted evaluations.

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

paul packer

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:40:12 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

paul packer said:

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

Thank you. Krooglish is pretty easy to mock. Try it and see. :-)

Arny Krueger

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:40:12 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

Nice suck-up job, Paul.

west

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has zero oversight

on
things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo disks, that make people laugh at

you
when you try to claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and

anyone
with a shred of integrity would be offended to let the glowing reviews

that
the dolts at SP penned ever see light of day.

Remember the days when Harry Pearson, et al, would say things like, "This is
the same crap that XYZ has been putting out ..." I suppose money wins out
in the end because you can't bite the hand that feeds you. If any one knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.
Cordially,
west

George M. Middius

Jon Yaeger said:

If any one knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.

I don't think there is one, West. Why don't you start one?

He can't. He doesn't have the $30 per month for web hosting.

arny krueger

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Jon Yaeger said:

If any one knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.

I don't think there is one, West. Why don't you start one?

He can't. He doesn't have the $30 per month for web hosting.

If Middius had a clue about web hosting, he'd know that for $30 one can have
a web site for about half a year.

http://hostony.com/

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together for
Graham. It was a total train wreck, even as a parody of a train wreck!

sam

"arny krueger" wrote

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together
for Graham. It was a ... parody of a train wreck!

Thanks for admitting Mr Krooger, that your website was a train wreck.

dave weil

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:29:14 -0400, "arny krueger"
wrote:

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together for
Graham. It was a total train wreck, even as a parody of a train wreck!

Thanks for admiting that your site is a "train wreck".
Steven Sullivan

In rec.audio.opinion west wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has zero oversight

on
things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo disks, that make people laugh at

you
when you try to claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and

anyone
with a shred of integrity would be offended to let the glowing reviews

that
the dolts at SP penned ever see light of day.

Remember the days when Harry Pearson, et al, would say things like, "This is
the same crap that XYZ has been putting out ..." I suppose money wins out
in the end because you can't bite the hand that feeds you. If any one knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.
Cordially,
west

here you go:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Web_Zine/

--

-S
"God is an asshole!" -- Ruth Fisher, 'Six Feet Under'

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message
In rec.audio.opinion west wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Interesting article comparing Atkinson to Dr. Zaius, from Planet of the
Apes.

Arny Krueger

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

here you go:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Web_Zine/

Interesting article comparing Atkinson to Dr. Zaius, from Planet of the
Apes.

If you listen to Atkinson's and Middius' version of Science, it is clearly
from an alternative universe.

Sighted Listening tests - the same technology that gave us Green CD pens,
Shakti stones and Mpingo disks.

George Middius

The Krooborg's guts are churning.

Sighted Listening tests - the same technology

Thanks for admitting Mr. Krooborg that you have no idea what "technology" means.

Mark S

Holy smokes, 70+ posts about and resolving absolutely nothing...why don't
ya'll get together in a small room armed with switch blades? Something
useful might come out of that.
Have a great day!
oups.com...