Anand Sankaran

Default Sony Wega Audio out volume control issues.

Hi

Just bought a Bose companion3 speaker system. Trying to get it to
work with my Sony Wega TV.

I plugged the audio out of my Sony Wega TV to the speakers.

I turned off the built-in speakers. The sound comes through my
external speakers,but the volume is like 15% of the normal volume.

The Audio menu had an option that says Audio out Variable / Fixed. If
I set it to variable [default setting], then I can control the volume
through the TV's remote, but the volume is very low.

When I change this setting to Fixed, then the speakers get the full
volume, but I can't control the volume using the TV's remote.

Has any one faced this before? Any ideas of how to fix this? Am I
doing some thing silly?

anand