Sanjay Punjab

Default Searching for high-quality passive filters 60hz 12db-octave (build my own?)

I plan on buying a new toyota solara and its essential I keep my stock
stereo.
I believe the head unit is capable or reasonably driving my cabin
speakers, so I want to add a 60hz 12-db octave passive crossovers
between each one stock speaker. And add a quality sub and amp to
finish out the system, tapping the audio signal from the rear 6x9s.
Is there a company that makes quality passive crossovers for high-pass
applications at 60hz?
I could build my own, can someone tell me the capacitor and inductor
value I would need to build a 12db-octave 60hz passive filter?
Thanks
Tony Fernandes

I don't have an answer for you, Sanjay, but I also have the same question.

I will soon be using my amp's built-in electronic xover on my Dynaudio 8"
midwoofer at about 600 Hz, low pass. What I need is a very good quality
high pass passive filter around 70 Hz or so. I know absolutely NOTHING
about building them, so I guess I need the name of a company to call (I
might call Dynaudio, but thought I would try here first) for help. Ideally,
something already made would suit me best.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that
"Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
om...
I plan on buying a new toyota solara and its essential I keep my stock
stereo.
I believe the head unit is capable or reasonably driving my cabin
speakers, so I want to add a 60hz 12-db octave passive crossovers
between each one stock speaker. And add a quality sub and amp to
finish out the system, tapping the audio signal from the rear 6x9s.
Is there a company that makes quality passive crossovers for high-pass
applications at 60hz?
I could build my own, can someone tell me the capacitor and inductor
value I would need to build a 12db-octave 60hz passive filter?
Thanks

Mark Zarella

I plan on buying a new toyota solara and its essential I keep my stock
stereo.

Why not keep the stereo and add an amp and speakers?

I believe the head unit is capable or reasonably driving my cabin
speakers, so I want to add a 60hz 12-db octave passive crossovers
between each one stock speaker.

Can't be done. Sorry.

Well, it can be, but the inductors would be gigantic. And expensive.
Minimum $50/pair. And the results would hardly be dramatic. If you
were to do this, however, the relative cost of adding another pair of
capacitors to make an 18dB/oct filter would be cheap.

And add a quality sub and amp to
finish out the system, tapping the audio signal from the rear 6x9s.
Is there a company that makes quality passive crossovers for high-pass
applications at 60hz?
I could build my own, can someone tell me the capacitor and inductor
value I would need to build a 12db-octave 60hz passive filter?

www.passivecrossovers.com has the equations so you can do th
calculations yourself. May I suggest going higher than 60Hz if you
insist on going this route?