Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default cheap adat to usb

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

my new personus 24.4.2 will be wireless to the stage
What do you use to do that?

stndard wifi, presonus has a program similar to yamaha's studio manager

The computer can talk WiFi, but how do you get the console to talk WiFi?
Is there a Firewire-WiFi interface?

That usually means that the console has a USB port that allows it to be
controlled from a computer, and that a remote console program can be used to
control the computer from a remote computer over a network running over
WiFi.

That's how Studio Manager works for Yamaha digital consoles.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message

$379 is about what they went for. Since Fostex recommended the
EWS88-D, that's what I got. It was about half that...

Ca. $199 for just one set of ADAT connectors.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

You can boot XP with either LILO or GRUB, and I was
booting '95 and '98 with LILO back around when these recorders
started being available.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about here.

FYI LILO is a boot manager that allows you to interactively select which
partition you want to boot.

Win98 will boot off of any FAT or FAT32 partition, but its Defrag and Chkdsk
won't work well on partitions much larger than 128 GB.

MS says that FAT32 will support partions up to 2 TB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154997

I suspect that if you boot Win98 off of a 2 TB partition on a 2 TB hard
drive, and dual-boot XP for defragging and scanning, you could have a
workable system.

Or you could partition the 2 TB hard drive with a bunch of FAT32 partitions,
none larger than 128 GB. That's 16 or more partitions!

From personal experience, FAT32 gets to be kind of ugly for really large
hard drives, especially if they are full of files.

Note that handling partitions 2 TB takes a little special mouth holding,
even with XP.

Now the idea of booting XP to use a couple of tiny disk utilities does tax
the mind, but you sorta asked... ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Les Cargill wrote:

Optical interfaces that do 100BaseTX are commonplace. It's a COTS
TOSLINK optical part, or at least the guy's blog said it was.

The guy with the blog, huh? Well, you can belive him, or you can take a
look at the real data sheet:
http://www.wavefrontsemi.com/index.p...productdocsoft

He's right, though. The physical interface is the same TOSLINK transceiver
that is used for S-PDIF over fibre.

The Wavefront chip is just used to interface the digital datastream with
a computer processor.

The good news is that the actual protocol is pretty well documented in the
Wavefront manuals, so someone dedicated could probably program an FPGA to
do the synch and lock stuff. It wouldn't be an easy job; I think it would
be worth a master's thesis, probably what gus baird called a "level 5 problem."

Sure, it uses standard Toshiba optical-to-digital parts for the gozintas and
gozoutas, but the thing that makes it ADAT Optical (tm) is the Wavefront
chip. I suppose you could design your own, but for eight bucks (or three
if you buy enough of them) why bother?

That's the basic point, yes. Eight dollars is still very cheap, cheaper than
what it takes to do MADI. Much as I am a fan of MADI, I have to admit that
lightpipe is cheap, universal, and hard to screw up for short runs.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

The computer can talk WiFi, but how do you get the console to talk WiFi?
Is there a Firewire-WiFi interface?

That usually means that the console has a USB port that allows it to be
controlled from a computer, and that a remote console program can be used to
control the computer from a remote computer over a network running over
WiFi.

So it's really a (remote) computer networked (over WiFi) to a computer
that's
connected via USB to the console. It's not that the console is configured to
network via WiFi, but rather, the optional computer to which it's
connected.

Another "but first you gotta" thing, in this case add a computer, and in
this case
a not yet released piece of software to make the console remote
controllable.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
That's just one problem. Actually it's easy to find one - RME. It's
expensive,
though. And because RME is inclined to build everything themselves, it
might not use the Wavefront chips, though it probably uses the Toshiba
optical assemblies.

It doesn't use the Wavefronts, no. RME uses their own FPGAs.

The problem is that cheap ADAT to USB interfaces are hard to find. And
that doesn't have anything to do with the availability of parts, it has
everything
to do with the potential market. Apparently no manufacturer thinks it's big
enough to put their time into developing a product.

You think ADAT to USB is expensive, look for MADI or TDIF to USB....
Small production products are expensive. It's just that way, and people
have become spoiled by the outrageously low costs of mass production.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

You think ADAT to USB is expensive, look for MADI or TDIF to USB....
Small production products are expensive.

I don't know that there's much of anything new coming out with TDIF. That
may have run its course, but I'm surprised that MADI hasn't picked up any
real steam. Or AES 50 (if I got the number right) - lotsa channels over a
single coax. Everybody seems to have trouble with Firewire so I'd think
that a couple of companies that make multi-channel Firewire interfaces
by the ten thousands would tool up to make both ends of a MADI interface.

It's just that way, and people
have become spoiled by the outrageously low costs of mass production.

Yup, and so has music.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Light David Light is offline

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:47:32 -0500, Mike Rivers
wrote:

analog outputs, so I expect that many are using it just as 8 mic preamps
and don't
care about the ADAT I/O (and are bitching that they could have made it
cheaper

The ada8000 mic pres only drive the ADC and have no connection to
the analog outputs. The pres. can't really be used standalone that I
know of. There's been times when I really wanted to have a direct out
of the pre so if there is a way let me know.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

David Light wrote:

The ada8000 mic pres only drive the ADC and have no connection to
the analog outputs. The pres. can't really be used standalone that I
know of. There's been times when I really wanted to have a direct out
of the pre so if there is a way let me know.

What happens if you connect the ADAT Out to the ADAT In? Will that get
the mic input to the analog output? Of course it's going through an A/D and
D/A conversion (something that most people would rather sell their
sister into
slavery than do) and unless you have an ADAT splitter, you can't get both
analog and digital output, but if you need to get mics up to line level
maybe
it'll work.

I just assumed that it had a "monitor" function like just about every other
similar (though more expensive) device has. But if the intent (as the web
site suggests) is that it be used as an expander for the digital console,
then that's where you get your monitoring.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
David Light wrote:

The ada8000 mic pres only drive the ADC and have no connection to
the analog outputs. The pres. can't really be used standalone that I
know of. There's been times when I really wanted to have a direct out
of the pre so if there is a way let me know.

What happens if you connect the ADAT Out to the ADAT In? Will that get
the mic input to the analog output?

Yes.

Of course it's going through an A/D
and
D/A conversion (something that most people would rather sell their
sister into
slavery than do) and unless you have an ADAT splitter, you can't get both
analog and digital output, but if you need to get mics up to line level
maybe
it'll work.

The pres aren't that good, either.

I just assumed that it had a "monitor" function like just about every other
similar (though more expensive) device has. But if the intent (as the web
site suggests) is that it be used as an expander for the digital console,
then that's where you get your monitoring.

There ya go. That's all it does.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arny Krueger wrote:

The computer can talk WiFi, but how do you get the console to talk WiFi?
Is there a Firewire-WiFi interface?

That usually means that the console has a USB port that allows it to be
controlled from a computer, and that a remote console program can be used
to control the computer from a remote computer over a network running
over WiFi.

So it's really a (remote) computer networked (over WiFi) to a computer
that's
connected via USB to the console. It's not that the console is configured
network via WiFi, but rather, the optional computer to which it's
connected.

yup.

I suspect that the need for a computer intermediary will eventually go away.
There's nothing that the PC does at either end that couldn't be one with a
chip running *nix. The console should have a mini-coax fitting for the wifi
antenna and a RJ45 for ethernet, and there should be a portable control
surface tailored to the console with similar interfaces.

Another "but first you gotta" thing, in this case add a computer, and in
this case a not yet released piece of software to make the console remote
controllable.

I suspect that the software will be out in due course.

My initial disappointment with the Presonus 24.4.2 was the limited
parametric eq on the channel strips. The O1V96 still looks attractive to me
in that size class.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

David Light wrote:

The ada8000 mic pres only drive the ADC and have no connection to
the analog outputs. The pres. can't really be used standalone that I
know of. There's been times when I really wanted to have a direct out
of the pre so if there is a way let me know.

What happens if you connect the ADAT Out to the ADAT In? Will that get
the mic input to the analog output?

I've never tried it. It could work if there isn't a clocking problem.

Of course it's going through an A/D and
D/A conversion (something that most people would rather sell their sister
into slavery than do)

The ADA converters in the ADA8000 are not that bad. The Alesis chips are
second (or later) generation chips and really pretty good performers. I
suspect that they took plenty of abuse for their first generation efforts.

and unless you have an ADAT splitter, you can't get both
analog and digital output,

I suspect that a good Toslink spiltter would do the job.

but if you need to get mics up to line level maybe it'll work.

I would like to hear from someone that actually made it work. Many devices
with digital inputs and outputs can't be looped without some source of
external clock.

I just assumed that it had a "monitor" function like just about every
other
similar (though more expensive) device has.

Nope.

But if the intent (as the web
site suggests) is that it be used as an expander for the digital console,
then that's where you get your monitoring.

Yes. If there was an analog bypass, it would only be frosting on the cake.

They are effective and an excellent value. My complaint with the ADA8000 is
that the mic preamps are not well-protected from either transients or EMI.

One of the mic pres in one of my 2 ADA8000s (now about 4 years old) stopped
having a balanced input - IOW half of one input stage fried. If I didn't
have other spare inputs I would happily replace it with a new one just like
it. For the money it can't be beat.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

You think ADAT to USB is expensive, look for MADI or TDIF to USB....
Small production products are expensive.

I don't know that there's much of anything new coming out with TDIF. That
may have run its course, but I'm surprised that MADI hasn't picked up any
real steam. Or AES 50 (if I got the number right) - lotsa channels over a
single coax. Everybody seems to have trouble with Firewire so I'd think
that a couple of companies that make multi-channel Firewire interfaces
by the ten thousands would tool up to make both ends of a MADI interface.

It's just that way, and people
have become spoiled by the outrageously low costs of mass production.

Yup, and so has music.

I suspect that a lot of the drive for ADAT implementations comes out of the
rise in popularity of digital consoles.

The so-called clock rate limitation of 8-channel TOSlink has pretty well
lost its credibility now that delivery media based on bandwidth 24 KHz
bandwidth has dropped out of the mainstream marketplace. ADAT is a good
interface for a widely-needed purpose - its length limitations aren't
troubling in a control room context.

Once there is a de facto industry standard for digital snakes, ADAT may fall
by the wayside. So far neither the AES nor IEEE nor any proprietary source
has delivered.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arny Krueger wrote:

I suspect that the software will be out in due course.

That's what PreSonus says.

My initial disappointment with the Presonus 24.4.2 was the limited
parametric eq on the channel strips.

It's better than on the 16-channel version which just had a button to switch
the bandwidth of the sweepable high-mid frequency. The "HI-Q" position is
just a but less than 1 octave, not very high Q.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arny Krueger wrote:

I suspect that the software will be out in due course.

That's what PreSonus says.

I think they will deliver. AFAIK they've been pretty good on their promises
in the past.

My initial disappointment with the Presonus 24.4.2 was the limited
parametric eq on the channel strips.

It's better than on the 16-channel version which just had a button to
switch
the bandwidth of the sweepable high-mid frequency. The "HI-Q" position is
just a but less than 1 octave, not very high Q.

Spec sheet says that the Q of the 16 channel version was set to 0.55.

I don't know why they didn't do a real parametric eq with the usual 3
adjustments per band. That sells me on the 01V96 right there.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Perrett James Perrett is offline

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:24:27 -0000, Mike Rivers
wrote:

I'm surprised that MADI hasn't picked up any
real steam.

It depends which end of the market you are looking at. MADI seems fairly
well supported at the high end but I guess that none of the consumer chip
manufacturers support it so it hasn't found its way down to the hobby
market.

James.

--
http://www.jrpmusic.net
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default cheap adat to usb (Now for some odd reason about the PreSonus StudioLive)

Mike Rivers wrote:

They told me that their beta testers requested the "not-solo" solo. Wonder
what they do in real life?

They continue learning English, so they can move up to PT support.

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Light David Light is offline

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:08:59 -0500, Mike Rivers
wrote:

David Light wrote:

[...]

I think connecting the lightpipe output to input would work,
but I haven't tried it.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

MIke Rivers writes:
INstead of
wrestling 56 pairs of snake in two big cables it would sure
be cool to run a couple hundred feet of cat-5 in from the
truck g BUt, from where I stand that's sitll quite a
distance down the road when it comes to choosing a standard
that will be around day after tomorrow, and ease of
troubleshooting in the field.

Yup. You don't just lose one channel if someone runs over your
cable with a hand truck.

Which is one of the big reasons why, hassle with the wrestle
being a real pita I"ll stick with my analog snakes.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

On Tue 2038-Mar-09 07:39, Arny Krueger writes:
Wasn't that audio rail system supposed to be adat for the
connections?

It is.

That's what I thought, but it had been awhile since I heard
anything about it, and my memory might have been faulty g.

FUnny but a few years ago he was sounding like
he had it pretty well locked in for digital snakes, then
suddenly no more was heard from that outfit.

The last change to their web site I can detect is from after 2007,
but how far after, I can't tell.

Yep, was about 2007 I'm thinking when I last heard much
about it.

INstead of
wrestling 56 pairs of snake in two big cables it would sure
be cool to run a couple hundred feet of cat-5 in from the
truck g BUt, from where I stand that's sitll quite a
distance down the road when it comes to choosing a standard
that will be around day after tomorrow, and ease of
troubleshooting in the field.

If I had the need I'd still give serious consideration to Audiorail.

Worth a thought, but for the moment we're mixing analog and
until it hits the converts for the recorder that's where it
is. But even with mixing analog a reliable technology that
we were sure was going to stand the test of time, meaning at least 5-10 years would sure save wear and tear on the back
g. IT's an application I could sure get behind g. What I'd be wondering most about is how long my cable runs could
be before I had to do some kind of signal amplification.

I was able to mine some info from their site:

A basic ADAT patent , 5297181 dates back to 1994. It has a year or
two more to run.

IF ten years then until 2014.

Apparently some people including Presounus and M-Audio are using
ADAT interface technology licensed from a third party: TC Applied
Technologies.

INteresting.

The nice thing about the adat standard for transport of
digital audio is that it's been around, people know it, etc.

Regards,
Richard
.... A good captain is hoisting his first drink in a bar when the storm hits.
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
roffez roffez is offline
Junior Member

I have developed a competitor product to Audiorail - its called ADAT Multicore Extender and does ADAT over CAT5, but with enhanced features such as:

- per-ADAT selectable direction, any combination from 64/0, 56/8...
to 0/64 supported
- the ability to transmit a wordclock signal along with the ADAT streams
- a local loopback function which eliminates the need for ADAT splitters
- extremely low latency
- very competitive pricing

And that's how it looks like:

I'm hoping to get some feedback on from the "guys on the road"...any comments are highly appreciated!

I've currently designing a version which supports redundant cabling - this will be available as soon as I can see that the market demand for it justifies the expenses.

Best Regards,
Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

"roffez" wrote in message

Mike Rivers;903534 Wrote:

Audio Rail - that's the system I was trying to think of that
recommended
the Behringer ADA8000 at the ends. They still seem to be around (at
least
their web site is still active) but I haven't heard anyone talk about
it for
quite some time.

I have developed a competitor product to Audiorail - its called *'ADAT
Multicore Extender'
(
http://appsys.ch/en/products/digital...coreextender)* and
does ADAT over CAT5, but with enhanced features such as:

great idea, i will have to figure out if it is one of the product I will be
wanting in the summer
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

"Richard Webb" wrote in
message ...
On Mon 2038-Mar-15 21:45, George writes:
I have developed a competitor product to Audiorail - its called *'ADAT
Multicore Extender'
(http://appsys.ch/en/products/digital...coreextender)* and
does ADAT over CAT5, but with enhanced features such as:

great idea, i will have to figure out if it is one of the product
I will be wanting in the summer

If you decide to give it a go tell us how it works for you
after the summer. YOur summer outdoor environment would
present similar conditions as those my snakes would see
regularly.

Even though I still get a light feeling thinking about all
those channels of audio going down a thin cable that could
be easily damaged and take everything out if hand truck, or
worse runs over the cable I'd sure like to think about
lightening that multicore a bunch eventually.
fOr the original poster with the competitor: What's the
longest run you can make with it before you have to do
something about signal boosters or repeaters of some kind?

I would be using this
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/G...Cable-0915043/
not the standard instal type cat5
Iwould probably carry a back up of cheesy cat5 "just in case, as it is dirt
cheap
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro

George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

I would be using this
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/G...Cable-0915043/
not the standard instal type cat5
Iwould probably carry a back up of cheesy cat5 "just in case, as it is dirt
cheap

Don't do it, get the Belden tactical cat-5 cable with the kevlar insulation.
I have used it for phones and data at festivals and you can run it over
with a lawnmower without damaging it. It's expensive but it's good stuff.
Steve Lampen will tell you more about it than you care to know and probably
give you a foot or two as a sample.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

I would be using this
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/G...Cable-0915043/
not the standard instal type cat5
Iwould probably carry a back up of cheesy cat5 "just in case, as it is
dirt
cheap

Don't do it, get the Belden tactical cat-5 cable with the kevlar
insulation.
I have used it for phones and data at festivals and you can run it over
with a lawnmower without damaging it. It's expensive but it's good stuff.
Steve Lampen will tell you more about it than you care to know and
probably
give you a foot or two as a sample.

Thanks I did not know Belden had a version of this, I will remember it when
the time comes

Posted to rec.audio.pro

George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Don't do it, get the Belden tactical cat-5 cable with the kevlar
insulation.
I have used it for phones and data at festivals and you can run it over
with a lawnmower without damaging it. It's expensive but it's good stuff.
Steve Lampen will tell you more about it than you care to know and
probably
give you a foot or two as a sample.

Thanks I did not know Belden had a version of this, I will remember it when
the time comes

Not only that, but Neutrik has some tactical-grade constant-Z connectors
for the outside of the recording truck too!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2010-03-16 said:
If you decide to give it a go tell us how it works for you
after the summer. YOur summer outdoor environment would
present similar conditions as those my snakes would see
regularly.
Even though I still get a light feeling thinking about all
those channels of audio going down a thin cable that could
be easily damaged and take everything out if hand truck, or
worse runs over the cable I'd sure like to think about
lightening that multicore a bunch eventually.

I would be using this
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/G...Cable-0915043/
not the standard instal type cat5
Iwould probably carry a back up of cheesy cat5 "just in case, as it
is dirt cheap

IT is, but we're talking a few hundred feet of run possibly,
and getting it there's still going to take some time if it's
not already strung, which sorta defeats the purpose g.
I'd have to look at the Beldon stuff Scott mentioned later
in this thread. FOr some reason this damned reader always
shows me the replies before hte originals g.. oh well.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

Posted to rec.audio.pro

George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

I would be using this
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/G...Cable-0915043/
not the standard instal type cat5
Iwould probably carry a back up of cheesy cat5 "just in
case, as it is dirt cheap

Don't do it, get the Belden tactical cat-5 cable with the
kevlar insulation. I have used it for phones and data at
festivals and you can run it over with a lawnmower
without damaging it. It's expensive but it's good stuff.
Steve Lampen will tell you more about it than you care to
know and probably give you a foot or two as a sample.
--scott

Interesting item:

Belden Brilliance 1305a

http://www.markertek.com/Cables-Conn...A-B59500.xhtml

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , wrote:

IT is, but we're talking a few hundred feet of run possibly,
and getting it there's still going to take some time if it's
not already strung, which sorta defeats the purpose g.
I'd have to look at the Beldon stuff Scott mentioned later
in this thread. FOr some reason this damned reader always
shows me the replies before hte originals g.. oh well.

Belden 1305A!
Markertek even stocks it!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

On Mon 2038-Mar-15 21:45, George writes:
I have developed a competitor product to Audiorail - its called *'ADAT
Multicore Extender'
(http://appsys.ch/en/products/digital...coreextender)* and
does ADAT over CAT5, but with enhanced features such as:

great idea, i will have to figure out if it is one of the product
I will be wanting in the summer

If you decide to give it a go tell us how it works for you
after the summer. YOur summer outdoor environment would
present similar conditions as those my snakes would see
regularly.

Even though I still get a light feeling thinking about all
those channels of audio going down a thin cable that could
be easily damaged and take everything out if hand truck, or
worse runs over the cable I'd sure like to think about
lightening that multicore a bunch eventually.
fOr the original poster with the competitor: What's the
longest run you can make with it before you have to do
something about signal boosters or repeaters of some kind?

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:39:55 -0000, Arny Krueger wrote:

Apparently some people including Presounus and M-Audio are using ADAT
interface technology licensed from a third party: TC Applied
Technologies.

That's because Alesis sold their semiconductor division (Wavefront) to a
company that has some kind of connection to TC. Most people use Wavefront
chips for their ADAT connections.

James.

--
http://www.jrpmusic.net
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"James Perrett" wrote in
message
news
wrote:

Apparently some people including Presounus and M-Audio are using ADAT
interface technology licensed from a
third party: TC Applied Technologies.

That's because Alesis sold their semiconductor division
(Wavefront) to a company that has some kind of connection
to TC. Most people use Wavefront chips for their ADAT
connections.

An interesting highly relevant factoid that was pretty easy to confirm from
press releases. Thanks!

roffez roffez is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrett View Post
That's because Alesis sold their semiconductor division (Wavefront) to a
company that has some kind of connection to TC. Most people use Wavefront
chips for their ADAT connections.
The Wavefront AL1401/AL1402G ICs have in fact an excellent implementation of the ADAT interface. I did some tests with them and find out that they are very tolerant in terms of accepted input jitter and clock recovery.