Posted to rec.audio.pro
HiC HiC is offline

Default Why doesn't rec.audio.pro come up on Google Groups search now?

My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Anyone know what's going on?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
HiC wrote:
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Anyone know what's going on?

The Groups search engine is broken in lots of different ways. Use the
try and do composite searches, though... that hasn't worked properly in
ages.

Google doesn't care about Google Groups, they don't spend the time and
effort to keep it properly maintained and keep the databases consistent.
Hell, they don't even spend the time and effort to take care of their
spam problem. It's a wonder anyone even accepts traffic from them.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

HiC wrote:
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Once you've found your way here, bookmark it. That's what I do and it
always comes up. No searching required. I can tell you that some times
it appears to be broken in that there will be a day or three where there
are no new messges, but that generally is an upstream problem - whoever
they get their feed from has croaked momentarily. But they almost always
catch up. I usually use Verizon, my "home" ISP, for newsgroups, but when
that seems like it's broken, I'll go to Google. About half the time,
it's also broken in the same way, but sometimes not.

Trouble with kids these days is they're always in a hurry. If you post
and the world doesn't (appear to) flock to your mailbox to answer your
Very Important Query withing an hour or so, you think there's something
wroing. Sometimes we just don't give a ****.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

HiC wrote:
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Anyone know what's going on?

You could try and avoid using Google Groups at all. That way your USENET
experience may be far more satisfying !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith Keith is offline

On Nov 10, 8:56*am, "geoff" wrote:
HiC wrote:
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Anyone know what's going on?

You *could try and avoid using Google Groups at all. *That way your USENET
experience may be far more satisfying !

geoff

I can access RPA through bookmarks (Firefox) and it never fails to
come up.
I have been trying to kick the Google habit and,following advice
provided by this group,registered with Motzarella.
I contacted tech support at my ISP and to my amazement they said they
had never heard of Usenet !.
So at this stage I have no idea of how to escape from Google.

Keith.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Keith wrote:
On Nov 10, 8:56 am, "geoff" wrote:
HiC wrote:
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into
the initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed
something.

Anyone know what's going on?

You could try and avoid using Google Groups at all. That way your
USENET experience may be far more satisfying !

geoff

I can access RPA through bookmarks (Firefox) and it never fails to
come up.
I have been trying to kick the Google habit and,following advice
provided by this group,registered with Motzarella.
I contacted tech support at my ISP and to my amazement they said they
had never heard of Usenet !.
So at this stage I have no idea of how to escape from Google.

Your ISP may or may not have an NTTP server, and as you have found, probably
would know if they had one or not, let alone what is was.

You put a subscribed or free NTTP server account info into Mozilla or
Outlook Express, or whatever, and you're away.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith. Keith. is offline

"HiC" wrote in message
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into the
initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed something.

Anyone know what's going on?

Finally worked my way through news.motzarella.org via Outlook express and
arrived at a very unfriendly user interface. I will play around with it, but
it certainly reads better in Google.
Am I visible ?

Keith.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Keith. wrote:
"HiC" wrote in message
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into
the initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed
something. Anyone know what's going on?

Finally worked my way through news.motzarella.org via Outlook express
and arrived at a very unfriendly user interface. I will play around
with it, but it certainly reads better in Google.
Am I visible ?

Yep. UI is the same as any email client , ie standard and straightforward-
try livening up some of the toolbar buttons.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith. Keith. is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Keith. wrote:
"HiC" wrote in message
My customary way of getting into RAP is putting rec.audio.pro into
the initial search bar in Google Groups and it would pup up. Now it
doesn't even find the group at all. Looks like they changed
something. Anyone know what's going on?

Finally worked my way through news.motzarella.org via Outlook express
and arrived at a very unfriendly user interface. I will play around
with it, but it certainly reads better in Google.
Am I visible ?

Yep. UI is the same as any email client , ie standard and
straightforward- try livening up some of the toolbar buttons.

geoff
Thanks Geoff, I am on my way with this. The format is still easier to read
in Google but to write I will use OE and motzarella, who, by the way ,have
also been very helpful.

Keith