Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

Default Studs Terkel has passed

Hi folks:

I'm saddened to report the passing of Studs Terkel at the age of 96. If
anyone ever made great use of a microphone, a tape recorder and a splicing
block, it was Studs. He turned his interviews into the finest oral histories
of the century: "Division Street: America"; "Hard Times"; "Working"; "'The
Good War'", "Race", and others.

I'll be airing his radio documentary "Born to Live: Echoes of Hiroshima"
this afternoon on www.kdhx.org from 3:00 - 4:30 pm central standard time
(2100-2230 GMT). It incorporates everyone from a Chicago street gang member
to Arthur C. Clarke to James Baldwin to Carl Sandburg to a mother and child.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Paul Stamler wrote:
Hi folks:

I'm saddened to report the passing of Studs Terkel at the age of 96. If
anyone ever made great use of a microphone, a tape recorder and a splicing
block, it was Studs. He turned his interviews into the finest oral histories
of the century: "Division Street: America"; "Hard Times"; "Working"; "'The
Good War'", "Race", and others.

I'll be airing his radio documentary "Born to Live: Echoes of Hiroshima"
this afternoon on www.kdhx.org from 3:00 - 4:30 pm central standard time
(2100-2230 GMT). It incorporates everyone from a Chicago street gang member
to Arthur C. Clarke to James Baldwin to Carl Sandburg to a mother and child.

Peace,
Paul

Damn...got this too late. Studs was one of my heroes. I'm not sure
there will ever be another like him.

RIP

jak