Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_2_] Rockinghorse Winner[_2_] is offline

Default .FLAC Players for Linux

Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

--
"Virtual" means never knowing where your next byte is coming from.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

consult the list near the bottom of the page.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Lance Hoffmeyer Lance Hoffmeyer is offline

mplayer is what I use. Multipurpose audio/video player.
I use it for all audio and video.

Lance

Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] is offline

On 2007-07-11, Steven Sullivan wrote:
Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

consult the list near the bottom of the page.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

I have Xine, but only see .fli and .flc in the list of supported files.

--
If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that
fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 2007-07-11, Steven Sullivan wrote:
Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

consult the list near the bottom of the page.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

I have Xine, but only see .fli and .flc in the list of supported files.

http://xinehq.de/index.php/features

FLAC is on the list.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] neil@thump.org is offline

On 11 Jul 2007 14:08:58 GMT, Rockinghorse Winner
wrote:

Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

Amarok
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On 2007-07-11, Steven Sullivan wrote:
Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Does anyone know of any players that will decode lossless .flac files for
Linux/Debian?

*R* *H*

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

consult the list near the bottom of the page.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

I have Xine, but only see .fli and .flc in the list of supported files.

http://xinehq.de/index.php/features

FLAC is on the list.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

Much obliged. I was worried I didn't have the codecs.

*R* *H*

--
Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.
-- Storm Jameson