A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Pro Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old June 12th 18, 07:46 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,683
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 12/06/2018 1:50 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
> Trevor > wrote:
>> On 12/06/2018 5:37 AM, wrote:
>>> there is some interesting info in this book
>>>
>>> file:///C:/USER/DOWNLOADS%20go%20here/elebda3.net-gh-238.pdf
>>>

>>
>> Do you actually expect everybody to have access to your hard drive?
>>

>
> Just the NSA...


:-)
I doubt they bother to read this group though. You'd need to use the
words they auto flag. Oh wait, maybe your use of "NSA" did that already.
:-)

Trevor.

Ads
  #72  
Old June 12th 18, 03:19 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 564
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 2:45:24 AM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
> On 12/06/2018 1:50 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
> > Trevor > wrote:
> >> On 12/06/2018 5:37 AM, wrote:
> >>> there is some interesting info in this book
> >>>
> >>> file:///C:/USER/DOWNLOADS%20go%20here/elebda3.net-gh-238.pdf
> >>>
> >>
> >> Do you actually expect everybody to have access to your hard drive?
> >>

> >
> > Just the NSA...

>
> :-)
> I doubt they bother to read this group though. You'd need to use the
> words they auto flag. Oh wait, maybe your use of "NSA" did that already.
> :-)
>
> Trevor.


whoops sorry about that
try this

http://www.kelm.ftn.uns.ac.rs/litera...gnHandbook.pdf

or google power amplifier design handbook, there is a newer edition out there.
m
  #73  
Old June 13th 18, 01:00 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 329
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables

wrote:

>
>
> there is some interesting info in this book
>


** You did a Google word search to find that - right ?


> file:///C:/USER/DOWNLOADS%20go%20here/elebda3.net-gh-238.pdf
>
> especially Chap 17, the section on electronic overload protection.
>


** That is all in Chap 13.

> If done correctly it looks like a modern design should be immune to
> damage, even if it does go into osc.
>
>


** ********.

The Chap does not even mention the topic of positive feedback amplifier oscillation.

Google can't know things that and neither do you.


..... Phil
  #75  
Old June 13th 18, 02:31 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16,380
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>On 10/06/2018 10:06 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> I hope I never, ever have to use a VTVM ever again. I spent more time
>> balancing and zeroing than taking measurements, it seemed. Modern
>> high-impedance DMMs make my life so much easier

>
>You could say that about digital CRO's Vs analog ones too. Spent a lot
>of time adjusting CRO's before you'd even attempt to use it.


I disagree. I spend forever fiddling with the damn menus on the DSO. I like
the DSO for a lot of things, especially for very low frequency stuff and the
ability to get power spectra, but I'll take an analogue scope any time for
making quick qualitative measurements.
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
  #77  
Old June 13th 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16,380
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>On 13/06/2018 12:19 AM, wrote:
>>
http://www.kelm.ftn.uns.ac.rs/litera...gnHandbook.pdf
>>
>> or google power amplifier design handbook, there is a newer edition out there.

>
>Yes, thanks for that. Have an old printed edition myself, never bothered
>to look for a newer edition on-line before.


Are we talking Doug Self's book here?
If so, you should buy the printed edition instead of bootlegging it, because
Self is a good fellow and deserves your support.
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
  #79  
Old June 14th 18, 11:27 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,683
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 13/06/2018 11:31 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>> On 10/06/2018 10:06 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> I hope I never, ever have to use a VTVM ever again. I spent more time
>>> balancing and zeroing than taking measurements, it seemed. Modern
>>> high-impedance DMMs make my life so much easier

>>
>> You could say that about digital CRO's Vs analog ones too. Spent a lot
>> of time adjusting CRO's before you'd even attempt to use it.

>
> I disagree. I spend forever fiddling with the damn menus on the DSO. I like
> the DSO for a lot of things, especially for very low frequency stuff and the
> ability to get power spectra, but I'll take an analogue scope any time for
> making quick qualitative measurements.


Fair point, adjusting settings via menu's can be a pain. I was thinking
of the fact you no longer have to adjust beam focus, vertical position
etc. But you still have to adjust probe compensation I guess. So you're
probably right.

Trevor.


  #80  
Old June 14th 18, 11:33 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,683
Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 13/06/2018 11:35 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >, Trevor > wrote:
>> On 13/06/2018 12:19 AM, wrote:
>>>
http://www.kelm.ftn.uns.ac.rs/litera...gnHandbook.pdf
>>>
>>> or google power amplifier design handbook, there is a newer edition out there.

>>
>> Yes, thanks for that. Have an old printed edition myself, never bothered
>> to look for a newer edition on-line before.

>
> Are we talking Doug Self's book here?
> If so, you should buy the printed edition instead of bootlegging it, because
> Self is a good fellow and deserves your support.


As I said, I already have a printed copy. Just wanted to see what may
have been added in a newer edition. Certainly no real need for me to buy
a new printed copy these days, not doing that design work any more. I
have far too many copies of the same books in various editions as it is.
:-(

Trevor.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crosstalk on snake David Grant Pro Audio 6 November 14th 08 03:04 AM
Feeder cables to the snake Robert Morein Audio Opinions 19 May 11th 06 07:26 PM
Feeder cables to the snake Robert Morein Pro Audio 25 May 11th 06 07:26 PM
Monster RCA cables vs. regular RCA cables for analog devices Leonid Makarovsky Pro Audio 67 December 26th 05 12:58 PM
FS: Speaker cables: Zu Cable, Discovery, RIPOFF ALERT! Robert Morein Marketplace 0 August 19th 03 04:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.