studiorat

Default Limiter Plugins and bit depth conversion... Pro Tools question...

Hi Folks,
Hope everybody's good...
Anyway, I'm wondering has anybody used the Sony Inflator plug-in? It's
smilar to the Waves L1 plug. Any better any worse?

Now, here's the thing...
If I set up a Limiter on a master buss in Pro Tools and set it so 16bit
and bounce to disk, Pro Tools asks me to specify the file type, and
whether it will convert it during or after the bounce. If I am trying
to use the Limiter to do the conversion what is happening to the file
if Pro Tools is converting it too.
Or to put it another way is it worth my while using the conversion
proccess on the limiter.