Logic 5 Files to AIFF Files

Old October 26th 03, 10:19 PM
LeBaron & Alrich

Default Logic 5 Files to AIFF Files

Just converted a bunch of Logic 5 files we tracked today to AIFF, all
done per the instructions. The resulting files do not show the AIFF
icon. What's up with that? Okay? Not Okay?

Hunh?

--
ha
Old October 27th 03, 12:33 AM
Mondoslug1

>Just converted a bunch of Logic 5 files we tracked today to AIFF, all
>done per the instructions. The resulting files do not show the AIFF
>icon. What's up with that? Okay? Not Okay?
>
>Hunh?

Well you've got alot higher up the digital audio engineering food chain friends
around here than me but..........have you tried opening them in another
application(Sound Edit or sim)? That particular app might let you know what it
recoginizes it as... IE:an AIFF or SD2 or whatever.

Old October 27th 03, 11:08 AM
Justin Ulysses Morse

LeBaron & Alrich > wrote:

> Just converted a bunch of Logic 5 files we tracked today to AIFF, all
> done per the instructions. The resulting files do not show the AIFF
> icon. What's up with that? Okay? Not Okay?

That sucks, dude. Everybody knows that a plain document icon sounds
dull and lifeless compared to a colorful AIFF icon.

ulysses
Old October 27th 03, 02:11 PM
LeBaron & Alrich

Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:

> Alrich wrote:
>
> > Just converted a bunch of Logic 5 files we tracked today to AIFF, all
> > done per the instructions. The resulting files do not show the AIFF
> > icon. What's up with that? Okay? Not Okay?

> That sucks, dude.

I'll try an import back into a Logic session, but since Get Info shows
them as Logic files I'd expect that to work. The project came from a PT
LE system, and now the o'dubs done her must get back into the original
project. Ain't done this before and would prefer it worked the first
time.

> Everybody knows that a plain document icon sounds
> dull and lifeless compared to a colorful AIFF icon.

Less fiber. Not good.

--
ha
Old October 27th 03, 02:34 PM
Mondoslug1

HA wrote:

>I'll try an import back into a Logic session, but since Get Info shows
>them as Logic files I'd expect that to work. The project came from a PT
>LE system, and now the o'dubs done her must get back into the original
>project. Ain't done this before and would prefer it worked the first
>time.

Although I'm now on PC & that is definitely the Uncommon denominator, I did
just get through a huge project transferring from App to App.

I just now opened up a PTLE 6.1 session & bounced a file as an AIFF. In PC mode
it didn't say AIFF but when I opened it up in Sound Forge it said AIFF. I think
you're probably kewl....download one of those fast free Mac Converters & see
what it calls your file.

Old October 27th 03, 04:58 PM
Steve

Justin Ulysses Morse > wrote in message >...
> LeBaron & Alrich > wrote:
>
> > Just converted a bunch of Logic 5 files we tracked today to AIFF, all
> > done per the instructions. The resulting files do not show the AIFF
> > icon. What's up with that? Okay? Not Okay?

> That sucks, dude. Everybody knows that a plain document icon sounds
> dull and lifeless compared to a colorful AIFF icon.
>

> ulysses

How true that is.
But what is the best sounding colour?

Steve Lane