Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The 6S33 is a terrible audio tube

Morons just can't quite grasp the concept here. The 6S33 is not a
poor audio tube just because it was not originally designed for audio.
It's a poor audio tube because of its characteristics, including those
not selected for in plant testing. It is only tested in ways relevant
to its operation in the military gear for which it is designed. The
wild variations in mu, plate resistance, and filament characteristics
(there is one plate, two separate filaments, the tube was designed for
a specific regulator circuit) as well as gassiness are tolerable there
but not in the audio circuits.

Is it possible that a particular amp using these tubes might be
pretty good? Sure. Is it a good idea to choose this tube? No.

It's like my Carolina Hauler truck. The school bus transmission and
rear end are way oversize for general use. The factory did not build
them that way for good reason. Mine works for me but it isn't really a
daily driver.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On Jul 12, 7:25*pm, Bret L wrote:
*Morons just can't quite grasp the concept here. The 6S33 is not a
poor audio tube just because it was not originally designed for audio.
It's a poor audio tube because of its characteristics, including those
not selected for in plant testing. It is only tested in ways relevant
to its operation in the military gear for which it is designed. The
wild variations in mu, plate resistance, and filament characteristics
(there is one plate, two separate filaments, the tube was designed for
a specific regulator circuit) as well as gassiness are tolerable there
but not in the audio circuits.

*Is it possible that a particular amp using these tubes might be
pretty good? Sure. Is it a good idea to choose this tube? No.

Ah, so that BAT amp may be good. You were critisizing it without even
knowing.

That figures. You're an imbecile.

*It's like my Carolina Hauler truck. The school bus transmission and
rear end are way oversize for general use. The factory did not build
them that way for good reason. Mine works for me but it isn't really a
daily driver.

Nobody cares about your truck (or your trailer).
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Jul 12, 7:25*pm, Bret L wrote:
*Morons just can't quite grasp the concept here.

That you're autistic and can't help yourself? Oh yes, we do grasp that
concept.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Jul 12, 8:25*pm, Bret L wrote:
[...]

You need another truck
http://4wheeloffroad.automotive.com/...ard/index.html
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 12, 10:40*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Jul 12, 8:25*pm, Bret L wrote:

*It's like my Carolina Hauler truck. The school bus transmission and
rear end are way oversize for general use. The factory did not build
them that way for good reason. Mine works for me but it isn't really a
daily driver.

You need another truckhttp://4wheeloffroad.automotive.com/112442/131-0908-build-a-cheap-tru...

There's an example of a magazine that knows its demographic.

Slavery Was Bad. Terrible Even. Here's Why.... [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 May 19th 09 08:37 AM
THIS IS TERRIBLE MOSFET Car Audio 3 August 12th 07 03:18 AM
Audio Under Linux Sounds Terrible [email protected] Pro Audio 36 August 24th 06 09:55 PM
Home Studio 2 imported audio sounds terrible Doc Pro Audio 2 December 29th 05 04:04 PM
Who is Lionel and why is he saying these terrible things about everybody? paul packer Audio Opinions 12 October 29th 04 10:19 PM