Posted to rec.audio.car
DS DS is offline

Default CD jammed. Help

I have a Subaru Outback with the 6 disk CD player. A CD has jammed
inside it, probably due to a home printed label which may have come
loose. It will not eject nor can I switch to one of the other 5
disks. Is there any way of retrieving this CD without going bvack to
the dealer.
ds

Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

Try the tips listed he

http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Remove-a-Stuck-CD

Good luck, and report back here please !!

James

Posted to rec.audio.car
DS DS is offline

On Feb 8, 1:25*pm, "James" wrote:
Try the tips listed he

http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Remove-a-Stuck-CD

Good luck, and report back here please !!

James

Tried everything suggested including disconnecting the battery. After
that, the radio still works but the CD function is totally dead. Very
hesitant to poke anything in the slot because it's very narrow and
closed off with a rubber seal. Where is the disk located when it's in
play mode?
ds

Posted to rec.audio.car
DS DS is offline

On Feb 8, 10:35*pm, DS wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:25*pm, "James" wrote:

Try the tips listed he

http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Remove-a-Stuck-CD

Good luck, and report back here please !!

James

Tried everything suggested including disconnecting the battery. After
that, the radio still works but the CD function is totally dead. Very
hesitant to poke anything in the slot because it's very narrow and
closed off with a rubber seal. *Where is the disk located when it's in
play mode?
ds

End of story.,..
Nothing worked...car was going in for service anyhow...service guy
said it was very dounbtful he could fix it and likely would have to
send the whole radio unbit away and that I would be without it fior a
month. Surprise...when I went to pick up the car, he told me he had
managed to remove the disk (and 5 others.) The one that had caused the
problem has a huge gouge on the business side. There was nothing but a
small wrinkle in the label. For what it's worth, he said he has been
working at this dealership[ for seven years and he has only seen this
problem a couple of times. The work is covered under warranty EXCEPT
if it involves home burned disks. The bill for this part of the job
was 2 hours labou. About C$150. I stress this is an honest and up
front dealer with whom I have a great relationship..
Lesson learned. Magic markers may not look as pretty but they're a lot
cheaper!
Thanks to those who helped with their suggestions
ds
Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

Thanks for the followup report, but it would be interesting to know how he
got the cds out. That was your original question to the group.

James

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Well, my Subaru Forester originaly came with no doubt the same six disk
changer. Most likely the guy at the shop removed the entire changer unit
(not just the magazine), opened it up and removed the disk that way. That's
the way I would do it as it would be relatively simple.

MOSFET

net...