jeffc

"Halbowitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

My first possible misconception. I was under the school of thought that
the bigger the magnet the more bass the speaker could put out.

Not really.

Second possible misconception: I was also under the school of thought
that if your amp wasnt strong enough, at loud volumes, the speaker
would break up (Like its doing now) and if the amp was too strong that
the speakers would pop due to too much power. True or not true?

More or less. It does sound likely that it's just a level adjustment
thing.