Phil Oliver

Default Mastering Studio in Boston Area

My studio is in Scituate, Massachusetts (on the shore, about 40 minutes
south of Boston) and I have yet to find a good mastering studio to send
my clients to. I am looking for someone to develop a working
relationship with that I can trust will keep my clients happy. Near
Scituate would be ideal, but I realize that may not be possible.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Phil Oliver
Aardvark Graphics & Sound
Rick Hollett

You might want to try Musiclane in Toronto(Markham to be exact) Very nice
facility with only the best gear. Acoustically tuned room, (of course)Ted
Carson is the guy I deal with. I'm 1500 miles away and can't make all the
sessions, and I'm sure that's a consideration for you. I've had only good
success with Ted. A fine fellow to deal with and reasonable. I'm not
affiliated in any way, just like to see good, honest folk do good(old
English...you get my drift)
Email me if you want the contact info

Rick Hollett
Record Time Productions
NFLD Canada(you gotta love the exchange rate!)
"Phil Oliver" wrote in message
My studio is in Scituate, Massachusetts (on the shore, about 40 minutes
south of Boston) and I have yet to find a good mastering studio to send
my clients to. I am looking for someone to develop a working
relationship with that I can trust will keep my clients happy. Near
Scituate would be ideal, but I realize that may not be possible.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Phil Oliver
Aardvark Graphics & Sound

Robert Ober

Phil Oliver wrote:
My studio is in Scituate, Massachusetts (on the shore, about 40 minutes
south of Boston) and I have yet to find a good mastering studio to send
my clients to. I am looking for someone to develop a working
relationship with that I can trust will keep my clients happy. Near
Scituate would be ideal, but I realize that may not be possible.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like you should take up mastering.

Jay - atldigi

In article , wrote:

Phil Oliver wrote:
My studio is in Scituate, Massachusetts (on the shore, about 40 minutes
south of Boston) and I have yet to find a good mastering studio to send
my clients to. I am looking for someone to develop a working
relationship with that I can trust will keep my clients happy. Near
Scituate would be ideal, but I realize that may not be possible.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like you should take up mastering.

There's a positive glut of mastering services in the Boston area, and
some of them experienced pro houses. There must be somebody out of that
pool that doesn't stink. I'm not familiar with most of their work, so I
can only make a list, not tell you who's good or not. Have you tried the
usual suspects? MWorks, Soundmirror, Northeastern? They're probably the
most visible in that market. MWorks does a variety of work, Soundmirror
does lots of classical, and Northeastern seems to tend toward adult and
folk, though aren't limited to that. Then there's Peerless, specialized,
and jp mastering, and there was a place called 9West, but I don't know
if it's still around. Add to these a bunch of smaller places and
recording studios with closets, ahem... I mean, smaller mastering
suites, and taking up mastering doesn't sound so interesting anymore.

There's always that place up in Portland Maine if none of these work...

--
Jay Frigoletto
Mastersuite
Fletcher

Rick Hollett wrote:

You might want to try Musiclane in Toronto

Uhhh... maybe I'm a little ****ed up here... since when is Toronto anywhere
near Boston?
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

kooz

Fletcher wrote in message ...
Rick Hollett wrote:

You might want to try Musiclane in Toronto

Uhhh... maybe I'm a little ****ed up here... since when is Toronto anywhere
near Boston?

Actually Fletcher, on the Canadian scale of distances, 500 air miles
isn't that big of a deal. Pretty close to Beantown-NYC mileage, IIRC.
Enuff time on the plane to down a brew and that wee bag of nuts, but
not much else. Allow our friend from "the rock" a bit of lateral
thinking...anything on the mainland has to be close to everything
else, doesn't it? g
-kooz
Kurt Ballou

most every place i've been in boston is pretty hit or miss. the most
reliable person i've found is nick zampiello at new alliance east.
but that's not so much a "mastering facility" as it is a talented guy
in a room with a little bit of gear.
what kind of music do you do and what are you looking for in a
mastering place?

Phil Oliver wrote in message ...
My studio is in Scituate, Massachusetts (on the shore, about 40 minutes
south of Boston) and I have yet to find a good mastering studio to send
my clients to. I am looking for someone to develop a working
relationship with that I can trust will keep my clients happy. Near
Scituate would be ideal, but I realize that may not be possible.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Phil Oliver
Aardvark Graphics & Sound

GtrPaul

At the risk of incurring the wrath of "southern" colleagues, try CedarHouse
sound and Mastering in New London, N.H. easy drive up 93+89 about 1.5 hrs from
Boston. B+W ref. speakers + latest Sadie system. 603-927-6363,

Paul Hodes
Junkmetal

Most of my experience has been with Toby Mountain at Northeastern
Digital. He's wonderful - easy going, efficient and did a great job
with several of my albums. He has a track record a mile long.

Ken Winokur