Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player
Doc

Default Windows Media Player supposedly won't play 24-bit files?

In a different thread:

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message

Try to open it in Windows Media Player. If it will, it's 16-bit. If
it won't, it's 24-bit. Or look at it's Properties in any wave
editor.

I've got some files I recorded that indicate 48khz/24bit both under Windows
file properties as well as Soundforge, some were recorded in SoundForge,
some in Cakewalk Home Studio 2, both set to record 48/24. They play fine in
WMP. Realizing there may be issues I'm not aware of, if the programs were
set to record at 24 bit and all file properties utilities indicate 24 bit,
how is it that they might not be 24 bit?

Player that can play back 16 sound tracks at the same time ? john Pro Audio 3 September 16th 04 02:44 AM
MP3 player with best hardware + software UI Bennett Haselton Tech 18 June 19th 04 11:57 PM
Extracting audio metadata Gaz General 2 October 27th 03 03:28 PM
Problem: Some CDs Don't Play New Philips 963SA DVD Player Neil Audio Opinions 4 September 26th 03 09:54 PM
Pioneer PD-405 Single Play CD Player, $29 Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 August 30th 03 08:17 PM