Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How do you personally shop for Hi-Fi speakers?

If you really want to understand, I'd suggest you find a basic
electronics curse ...

like crapacitor?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

theckmaaah @gmail.com wrote in message
My mind ...

You're mindless.

... just logically ...

You have no idea what "logically" means.

... assumed

Hehe.

... that lower impedance speakers were more efficient to drive.
That's where I was going with that.

So you were just trolling, by yet again hammering home the point that
you're in imbecile. That's the main point you keep proving.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

On Friday, 9 June 2017 18:00:29 UTC+1, Brassplyer wrote:
I'm not referring to just general principals of what to look for,
I mean specifically what do *you* personally do when looking for
speakers for recreational listening?

I confess I bought the ones that were in the charity shop for a tenner.

29 years later and still using them I think I got my money's worth.

Owain

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 13/08/2017 7:03 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
Does anyone shop for Hi Fi any more? I know I haven't since the
electronics reached effective perfection many years ago. And I expect
speakers to sound speakerish so I just pretend I can't hear them.

Keep your money in your pocket and spend it on useful stuff instead.

Not something I'd expect from someone on rec.audio.pro. Sure most decent
electronics have reached near perfection years ago, but the quality of
speakers still varies from total rubbish only someone completely deaf
could possibly listen to, up to high priced quality from the likes of
Dynaudio, B&W etc. While it's always possible to buy crap at a high
price, it's not possible to buy actual quality speakers on the cheap.
So pretend all you like, but frankly you are far better off using
headphones if you do want to save money.

Trevor.