#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
external usenet poster

Default Precision 900B tube tester,unique?

On Monday, May 19, 2003 at 8:45:00 AM UTC-7, Luis Pla Revuelta wrote:
Hi
I am restoring this tube tester from Precision Instruments.
This model looks very old.No roll chart in this model,so I need the tube data
sheets/book,and also instruction manual/schematics...
No info available on the net.
All help appreciated.

Regards.

I know this thread is ancient, but I found it for my search for the very same info. This seems to be a real ******* unit, there is _no_ data anywhere on the 900. People say to use the 910 data, which is available, but the 900 has different selectors and switches on it. Hope someday someone finds and shares the manual and schematic for this unit.
  #2   Report Post  
external usenet poster

El domingo, 23 de abril de 2017, 21:39:55 (UTC-3), escribió:
Hi
All help appreciated.

Regards.

I know this thread is ancient, but I found it for my search for the very same info. This seems to be a real ******* unit, there is _no_ data anywhere on the 900. People say to use the 910 data, which is available, but the 900 has different selectors and switches on it. Hope someday someone finds and shares the manual and schematic for this unit.

Hi, I just bought a working one a few days ago. Mine is Precision 900 series also from 1938. Six tube sockets per side. There's almost no info on this model. It'almost identical to the later models in the 9xx series. But with less buttons and functions. It's limited on the types of tubes you can test since is from the late '30s. For some rectifier tubes you need the extra buttons and controls from later models. The 910 is really close to the "original" 900 but also passed through many revisions. I own also a 954 from 1942 and it's a much more complex beast. Can test many later tubes thanks to the extra control, buttons, etc. Any questions let me know. Bye

#3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

El viernes, 28 de abril de 2017, 19:44:34 (UTC-3), Cesarion76 escribió:
El domingo, 23 de abril de 2017, 21:39:55 (UTC-3), escribió:
Hi
All help appreciated.

Regards.

Hi, I just bought a working one a few days ago. Mine is Precision 900 series also from 1938. Six tube sockets per side. There's almost no info on this model. It'almost identical to the later models in the 9xx series. But with less buttons and functions. It's limited on the types of tubes you can test since is from the late '30s. For some rectifier tubes you need the extra buttons and controls from later models. The 910 is really close to the "original" 900 but also passed through many revisions. I own also a 954 from 1942 and it's a much more complex beast. Can test many later tubes thanks to the extra control, buttons, etc. Any questions let me know. Bye

Just forgot, here is a short video I've made https://youtu.be/j1JYeBRLnKk