Default 6.5" woofer for old DCM speakers?

I have a set of DCM Time Frame TF-500's that I'd like to
rehabilitate, one is working perfectly and I like the
sound, so I need to find a set of 6.5 inch woofer mids for
them.
these are a two way, with cheapy Phillips drivers.
They are about 4 feet tall and thin,
the previous owner used them very effectively as
cat scratching posts.
I'd like a set of peerless or seas or something decent
but inexpensive like that - anyone know what
might go well with these?
I've looked but I can't find a source, everything is a DIY site
or something like that.
Thanks,
Mike
Dr. Dagor

Try madisound. (Madison [wisconsin] sound) They have several lines
and I've seen a 6.5 inch in their catalog.
http://www.madisound.com/

Look at their Peerless line. This is one of the "Scanspeak" group and
makes good woofers.

Apr 5, 5:57 pm
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
From: -

Date: 6 Apr 2005 00:57:40 GMT
I have a set of DCM Time Frame TF-500's that I'd like to
rehabilitate, one is working perfectly and I like the
sound, so I need to find a set of 6.5 inch woofer mids for
them.
these are a two way, with cheapy Phillips drivers.
They are about 4 feet tall and thin,
the previous owner used them very effectively as
cat scratching posts.
I'd like a set of peerless or seas or something decent
but inexpensive like that - anyone know what
might go well with these?
I've looked but I can't find a source, everything is a DIY site
or something like that.
Thanks,
Mike

Are you sure about the Phillips drivers, IIRC the Time Windows used
Seas or Peerless drivers.

Madsiound or Zalytron are probably your best bets for replacement
drivers.

www.madisound.com
www.zalytron.com
www.meniscus.com
www.speakercity.com

Apr 5, 5:57 pm
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
From: -

Date: 6 Apr 2005 00:57:40 GMT
I have a set of DCM Time Frame TF-500's that I'd like to
rehabilitate, one is working perfectly and I like the
sound, so I need to find a set of 6.5 inch woofer mids for
them.
these are a two way, with cheapy Phillips drivers.
They are about 4 feet tall and thin,

Are you sure about the Phillips drivers, IIRC the Time Windows used
Seas or Peerless drivers.

Madsiound or Zalytron are probably your best bets for replacement
drivers.

www.madisound.com
www.zalytron.com
www.meniscus.com
www.speakercity.com

Thanks you guys for the links, I found some at a very nice price.
These were quite a few steps (staircases) down the from the Windows,
they retailed for about $750, in 1982 I believe, and I've read they
used Phillips and thats what they look like now that I've pulled them.
Here are the TF-350's, at a kinda crazy price IMO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=3D14993&item=3D5713505992&rd=3D1 &ssPageName=3DWD1V

I got them for $10 so I'm not going to drop any $300 drivers in them.
so I found some cheapies:

Audax AP170M0

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind...id%%&pid=3D910

or for $10 more I can get some
VIFA C17WG69-08 6.5" paper cone - *stamped frame 8 44 .55 35.8 3 50 89
$22.80

unless something else might sound drastically better at the 89DB range
for under $40 a driver?

Anyway, thanks for the direction to the great site.=20
Mike