Default Just bought Kenwood KDC-X569: Not happy with display. Advice?

I just bought my very 1st MP3 capable deck and had it
installed today.... the Kenwood KDC-X569 Excelon unit
for abt $300.

However Im not happy with the brightness and
read-ability of the display at all so far.

I haven't really read the owners manual thru and thru
yet..... but I have adjusted the contrast and that
doesn't seem to help.

The display really washes out in sunlight..... and the
lens cover is very glossy which adds a lot of
reflection problems as well.

Does anyone else have this unit and feel it hard to
"see"? Or is it just me and should I give it more
time?

I was hoping for a display that was BRIGHT..... like
can be found on some cell phones now days.

Advice?
SentraStyleEMW

I've sold quite a few of those units (and the 469's), and both have that
problem. You can turn up the contrast...but from my experiences...that doesn't
help much. I'd exchange it for a new deck (but that's just my opinion).

I've sold quite a few of those units (and the 469's), and both have that
problem. You can turn up the contrast...but from my experiences...that doesn't
help much. I'd exchange it for a new deck (but that's just my opinion).

sigh

I guess I shouldn't have been in such a rush to buy an
MP3 capable unit.

Reason I stuck with Kenwood head unit was in case I
wanted to upgrade to the hard drive based Music Keg
unit

Tell me..... what Kenwood head unit SHOULD I have
bough that has a good display?

Or..... should I have bought another brand all
together? Such as Alpine or something?

Advice?
SentraStyleEMW

I'm kinda biased...I like Alpine.

I'm kinda biased...I like Alpine.

OK

But can you explain why? What exactly do you like abt
Alpine?

SentraStyleEMW

They are plain looking (compared to most of todays radios) and IMO, offer the
best sound for the price.

I've sold quite a few of those units (and the 469's), and both have that
problem. You can turn up the contrast...but from my experiences...that doesn't
help much. I'd exchange it for a new deck (but that's just my opinion).

Is this display problem ONLY in those two units
above.... the 469 and 569?

If I take this unit back and go up another step in the
same line (Excellon)...... will the display be a lot
better?

They are plain looking (compared to most of todays radios) and IMO, offer the
best sound for the price.

OK

But how is the display technology?

In the models that I sell...the ones above the KDCX569 all have the ability to
angle the face...which helps out tremendously with viewing the display in
sunlight.

OK

Dang! So I have to go the next step up in the Excelon
line to get the angle display feature, right?

I guess I didn't "research" my buying decision enough.
sigh

I was in a bit of a hurry to get a head unit that plays
MP3 files in my car. And I did want to stick with
something that had an "upgrade" path to the Music Keg
system.

I think I will go back to where I bought the unit and
had it installed and see if they guy will let me trade
up one more step.

Tell..... the next step up head unit that allows an
angle display.... what will it cost off hand??