Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] davidwilbraham16@aol.com is offline

Default Aiwa PX-E800 Turntable wont work

Its a long shot however here goes
I have an Aiwa PX-E800 Turntable when I push Start the turtable
rotates correctly,The arm lifts and moves to the record but as it
lowers and touches the disc the turntable stops.As though the system
thinks its in the idle position i.e on the stylus rest.Is this a
common problem?Have I got it out of sync when I refitted the belt or
does it sound like a motor problem?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
just browsing just browsing is offline

wrote in message
Its a long shot however here goes
I have an Aiwa PX-E800 Turntable when I push Start the turtable
rotates correctly,The arm lifts and moves to the record but as it
lowers and touches the disc the turntable stops.As though the system
thinks its in the idle position i.e on the stylus rest.Is this a
common problem?Have I got it out of sync when I refitted the belt or
does it sound like a motor problem?

I did a google for that deck and initially it seems to be a bog standard
mainstream Jap budget auto deck, the sort common with Midi systems
of the early 80's, but a google search reveals it has it's fan clubs and
owners who love that deck and fit better quality cartidges, particularly
in Japan and Germany.
I would suspect as it is a belt drive deck with mechanical speed change
and you have actually changed the belt, something is out of alignment
causing the motor to switch out at the wrong point.
Do a *Worldwide* google search for "Aiwa PX-E800" and you will find
plenty of non-English sites about that deck, it's not as tricky as it may
seem
as many have obvious forums in which you could post your question and
hopefully an English speaking forum user will get back to you.

Denon CD mech wont come apart Gareth Magennis Tech 5 February 1st 07 04:58 AM
Wont Power Up nikadeemus Car Audio 3 October 19th 05 02:49 AM
CD-R Wont Repeat on CD Player mtbcpa Audio Opinions 0 December 4th 04 01:30 AM
New CD player wont turn on! happycabbage Car Audio 2 April 7th 04 05:02 PM
Can an old turntable work with a new receiver? Karl Hungus Tech 8 November 18th 03 12:40 AM