Eddie Runner

Default Noisy Vibrations

the way I do it is to get someone to operate the system while I
crawl around in the back of the car where the rattles and
vibrations are coming from...

Putting my hand or finger on the plasic and metal panels will
easily show me where the rattles are coming from... With a
finger on the part, the rattle will stop (usually)....

Plastic panels or the fiberboard rear deck that rattle can be
cured once they are identified as the problems by simply
sticking a small piece of carpet behind them... *installers
always have lots of scrap carpet around)...

Dynamating the whole damn thing is too expensive and your
not concentrating on the few points where the rattles are...

You can read my paper on trunk rattles...
http://www.installer.com/tech/rattles.html

good luck
Eddie Runner
http://www.twfer.com

Adam B****** wrote:

Hi all, just installed 1 of 2 subs that are going into my car.

currently it is running of a old crap amp.

from the boot there is alot of vibration noises aswell as a couple of panels
on the car...

what is the best way to stop these panel vibvration noises?

thanks

Paul Vina

It depends on which Dynamat you use. Original sucks on vertical panels but
is great on the top of horizontal surfaces. I like to use Dynamat Extreme
on the underside of horizontal pieces and on vertical pieces. That stuff
will never come off.

Paul

"The Lizard" wrote in message
Sanitarium wrote:

I have heard complaints that asphalt sheet does not adhere well...

I have heard complaints that dynamat doesn't adhere well...I always used
3M spray adhesive on that crap. I'll sell it to a customer in a heart
beat, but I won't recommend it to a DIY'er.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/
Save Farscape http://www.watchfarscape.com