Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo

Default 60 Minutes - Musical Savants

The show was by Lesley Stahl, of course. I drew a "senior moment" blank
when trying to remember her last name.

The show is featured at the link below. I urge all of you to see it if you
can possibly do so.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1703281.shtml

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
BEAR BEAR is offline

Harry Lavo wrote:
The show was by Lesley Stahl, of course. I drew a "senior moment" blank
when trying to remember her last name.

The show is featured at the link below. I urge all of you to see it if you
can possibly do so.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1703281.shtml

Yeah Harry, I saw that segment.
Absolutely blew me away!!
Incredible.
The young boy had absolutely perfect musical memory.
He was able to recall and replay 10 simultaneous musical notes presented
in a chord pattern!
The young teen age girl was able to take a complex Herbie Hancock piece,
replay all the parts into a synthesizer and THEN add her own faux
"trumpet solo on top.
Holy Cow!!
Speculating out loud, perhaps the visual brain departments are
translated to the aural department... sound memory becomes like a visual
memory, a picture of sorts.

Anyhow, made me feel like my feeble attempts to play and do music are
hopelessly pathetic... heh.

_-_-bear