TDWesty

Default Akai AA-R32 Receiver P/S caps

I was given an Akai AA-R32 receiver from the 80s, which I am now using
while I fix my NAD 3125. My first impression of this unit was not good
- although it clearly has more power power than my NAD, it sounds dull,
flat and muddy. Not all that surprising I suppose, but then I noticed
that all four large caps (10,000 uF 50V) have leaked. Is it worth
replacing these caps, and are they likely to make a noticeable
difference in sound quality?

Is anyone familiar with this receiver? I don't expect it to match my
NAD, but if I can make it acceptable for a second system, I'll spend a
bit of time on it.

Thanks.

Max Harding vk3jin

replace the leaky caps as well as all discolored or faded caps.......this is
a good place to start to get this unit working.if you have a ESR meter then
use it on the caps first. if you don't have a ESR meter then get a Bob
Parker model.
oups.com...