Moe Hair

Default Altec Lansing ACS 495 speakers

I've had trouble with my ACS 495 speakers for years. Whether I use the
speakers with my computer, or as standalone speakers, I will hear sound for
a few minutes, then nothing but hissing. I then will unplug the unit for a
minute, plug it back in, then hear sound again for another minute, and then
nothing but hiss.

Is there any fuse or wiring problem that's known of with these speakers, or
something else I can fix (or take to a repair shop)?