Pioneer Elite SC63 AV receiver - getting analog inputs to work with

Old October 30th 18, 12:01 PM posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bob F

Default Pioneer Elite SC63 AV receiver - getting analog inputs to work with

I just got this used receiver, and am trying to get it to work with the
analog inputs connected to my PC, and a DVI-HDMI cable from my PC
feeding the HDMI video input to play videos from my HTPC.

So far, I can get the video to work fine feeding the TV, OR the audio to
work, if I unplug the HDMI connector from the receiver, but as soon as I
plug in the HDMI, the sound goes away. MY BluRay player using HDMI works
fine with both video and audio coming through the HDMI.

Is there a setting I need to change? They have the connectors for this,
so it should work.
Old November 2nd 18, 12:12 PM posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bob F

On 10/30/2018 4:01 AM, Bob F wrote:
> I just got this used receiver, and am trying to get it to work with the
> analog inputs connected to my PC, and a DVI-HDMI cable from my PC
> feeding the HDMI video input to play videos from my HTPC.
>
> So far, I can get the video to work fine feeding the TV, OR the audio to
> work, if I unplug the HDMI connector from the receiver, but as soon as I
> plug in the HDMI, the sound goes away. MY BluRay player using HDMI works
> fine with both video and audio coming through the HDMI.
>
> Is there a setting I need to change? They have the connectors for this,
> so it should work.

I finally got through to pioneer. The key sequence "message" "signal
sel" on the remote gets me to the list of options. Then, using the
"signal sel" search, I found it in the manual.