Trying to use Pioneer SC-63 AV receiver with PC DVI to HDMI cable andRCA audio input

Old October 30th 18, 06:03 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob F

Default Trying to use Pioneer SC-63 AV receiver with PC DVI to HDMI cable andRCA audio input

I just got this used Elite SC-63 and am trying to hook it up to my HTPC
which only has DVI video output, but cannot get HDMI video AND analog
audio from the PC to both work at the same time. I am using a DVI to
HDMI cable to connect PC to receiver, which carries no audio.

The video works, and goes to my TV fine when HDMI is plugged in, but no
audio gets through. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the receiver, then
the audio immediately is heard. Plug the HDMI in again, and audio is gone.

Is there some setting I need to change? Any other ideas?
Old November 2nd 18, 02:20 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob F

On 10/29/2018 10:03 PM, Bob F wrote:
> I just got this used Elite SC-63 and am trying to hook it up to my HTPC
> which only has DVI video output, but cannot get HDMI video AND analog
> audio from the PC to both work at the same time. I am using a DVI to
> HDMI cable to connect PC to receiver, which carries no audio.
>
> The video works, and goes to my TV fine when HDMI is plugged in, but no
> audio gets through. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the receiver, then
> the audio immediately is heard. Plug the HDMI in again, and audio is gone.
>
> Is there some setting I need to change? Any other ideas?

I finally got through to pioneer. The key sequence "message" "signal
sel" on the remote gets me to the list of options. Then, using the
"signal sel" search, I found it in the manual.