Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] alan.owens99@gmail.com is offline

Default NAD T750 not receiving signal from remote

Hi,

I have an NAD T750 receiver, a 613 cassette desk and a 523 CD player.
I bought them new about seven years ago, and have never had an issue.
The T750 is on most of the day, everyday; it drives inputs from my PC,
TV, DVD, etc...

The other day the remote stopped working, or at least that's what I
thought. New batteries didn't help. Then I realized that I could
still control the CD player from the remote, so I've ruled it out as
the problem, which leaves the receiver as the problem.

Anyone heard of this before? I've googled and found only this
(similar, but not as fatal):
http://www.fixya.com/support/t115289-overheating

I've tried leaving it turned off, and ensuring it was totally cooled
down. I've used my "dust-off" areosol to clean it out. She's always
been kept clean and well ventelated. I'd like to know the problem
before I take it in to have it repaired as I imagine I'm past the
warranty period and would like to avoid a big bill.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
Alan