RJK

Default E88CC / ECC88 / 6922 / 6DJ8

The E88CC test specified the grid setting to be lower and the
plate higher. Also, there is a variation to the lever positions
required. The heater voltage is the same. I am using an Eico
666 tester. A known good 6DJ8 tests only fair when tested
as an E88CC.

Randie

"Ian Iveson" wrote in message
6922 = E88CC
6DJ8 = ECC88

What is the difference between your E88CC test and your 6DJ8 test?
Your post seems a couple of sentences short of making sense...

E88CC is supposed to be premium quality ECC88 but dunno quite what
that means. They are usually given as plug-in equivalents.

One source I have notes that the original E88CC specified a higher
heater current. A few stuck to that spec...but that is unlikely to
have had an effect on your test as heater voltage is the same.

cheers, Ian

"RJK" wrote in message
. ..
I was going through a bunch of tubes and found a stash of
Siemens E88CC and ECC88's. I thought that E88CC, ECC88,
6922 and 6DJ8 tubes were functionally equivalent. When I found
a marginal E88CC, I tried testing it as though it was a 6DJ8 and
it passed with flying colours. Is the E88CC a premium spec 6DJ8,
or was it invalid to try this test? Would this marginal E88CC

function
adequately in a device which specified a 6DJ8? The ECC88's seem
to be the same as a regular 6DJ8.

Randie