Alon Wolman

Default What do you think of my setup?

What do you think of my setup?

Panasonic CD player,
Vandersteen 1C speakers,
Audioquest type 2+ speaker wire,
Luxman LX33 Tube Amplifier

Bromo

On 5/23/04 2:10 PM, in article BO5sc.98546$536.17915198@attbi_s03, "Alon
Wolman" wrote:

What do you think of my setup?

Panasonic CD player,
Vandersteen 1C speakers,
Audioquest type 2+ speaker wire,
Luxman LX33 Tube Amplifier

Looks good to me - what do *you* think about it? Are you satisfied with the
sound?

Bruce Abrams

"Alon Wolman" wrote in message
I love it! But I'm thinking about getting a pair of Vandersteen 2C's....
will the 30 watt/channel Luxman power them?

I'd be very leery about powering Vandersteen 2C's (any variant, 2C, Ci or
Ce) with 30 watts. I owned a pair for a number of years and having heard
them with many low powered amps, found that they really did need much more
power in order to open up. Ultimately, I lived very happily for a good
number of years with them driven by a 100wpc Music Reference RM9. I'd also
heard them sound wonderful with the solid state Dave Belles designed OCM
200, also 100 wpc.

Wolman" wrote:

What do you think of my setup?

Panasonic CD player,
Vandersteen 1C speakers,
Audioquest type 2+ speaker wire,
Luxman LX33 Tube Amplifier

Looks good to me - what do *you* think about it? Are you satisfied with

the
sound?

Bromo

You should bring the amp in and listen to the setup at a comfortable volume
level and see if it sounds open or compressed. I would have my doubts - a
30W per channel amp really would sound best at my comfortable listening
level (about 85dB at 2m) if powering speaker with about a 91dB sensitivity
rating.

Wolman" wrote:

What do you think of my setup?

Panasonic CD player,
Vandersteen 1C speakers,
Audioquest type 2+ speaker wire,
Luxman LX33 Tube Amplifier

Looks good to me - what do *you* think about it? Are you satisfied with

the
sound?

Alon Wolman

Thanks. For now I'm sticking with my 1C's.

Wolman" wrote:

What do you think of my setup?

Panasonic CD player,
Vandersteen 1C speakers,
Audioquest type 2+ speaker wire,
Luxman LX33 Tube Amplifier

Looks good to me - what do *you* think about it? Are you satisfied

with
the
sound?

Sub setup in an SUV, Single 12W7 setup or Dual 12W6 Marcello B Car Audio 4 February 20th 04 02:05 AM
Alpine setup w/ PS2... Engine "whine"..... Robert Drake Car Audio 3 January 13th 04 11:50 PM
Indoor/Outdoor setup question... Paul Cockren General 0 September 4th 03 09:41 PM
6 speaker setup Atropine Car Audio 0 August 20th 03 05:45 AM
New setup for my Mercedes Ian D Blake Car Audio 0 July 30th 03 12:17 AM