Posted to rec.audio.pro
bump bump is offline

Default Help with Mixer Intermittant Audio Drop Out

Hi there. Back again. Long time no see.

I have a B-word MX2642A mixer that has recently decided not to output
signal on the left channel but only now and then. Sometimes goes for
hours without a problem and sometimes goes out for hours........
Sometimes goes in and out every few minutes...... It's an adventure!!

The weirdest thing is it happens on the main outs, the sub outs, the
aux sends, the control room outs, the headphone outs.
Did I miss anyone?

I've checked cables and everything else I could think of. Changed
cables, inputs, speakers, amps, all quite a few times..... I am
stymied.
Anyone got any ideas as to what this would be??

Thanks!!
__________________
Rob Cathcart
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

bump wrote:
Hi there. Back again. Long time no see.

I have a B-word MX2642A mixer that has recently decided not to output
signal on the left channel but only now and then. Sometimes goes for
hours without a problem and sometimes goes out for hours........
Sometimes goes in and out every few minutes...... It's an adventure!!

The weirdest thing is it happens on the main outs, the sub outs, the
aux sends, the control room outs, the headphone outs.
Did I miss anyone?

I've checked cables and everything else I could think of. Changed
cables, inputs, speakers, amps, all quite a few times..... I am
stymied.
Anyone got any ideas as to what this would be??

Bad internal connector cable. Cold solder joint somewhere. Intermittent
short. Could be all kinds of things, and you need to pull the PC board out
and try it out on the bench, pressing and flexing things until you can
make the problem happen.

Could even be something like a capacitor failing into an intermittent
short. But if you can make it happen on the bench, you can then trace
from one stage to another until you find the stage where the problem is
happening.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
bump bump is offline

Hi Scott,
The only bench I have is the one on the porch..........
I've been told it might be a ribbon cable or it's conectors OR the
main insert point may have been rendered un-normalled by crud. I'll
check those out.
Do you think a bad power supply could be the culprit?
Thanks for the response,
Rob Cathcart

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

bump wrote:

Do you think a bad power supply could be the culprit?

That would probably kill everything (the right channel as well as the
left channel). No, I don't think the power supply is the culprit.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

bump wrote:
The only bench I have is the one on the porch..........
I've been told it might be a ribbon cable or it's conectors OR the
main insert point may have been rendered un-normalled by crud. I'll
check those out.

If it's a main insert point, the aux busses wouldn't be going out.

Do you think a bad power supply could be the culprit?

Sure, that's one of the first things to check once you can get it to
fail. Check the supply pins on each of the op amps.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Feb 8, 3:31*pm, bump wrote:
Hi Scott,
The only bench I have is the one on the porch..........
I've been told it might be a ribbon cable or it's conectors OR the
main insert point may have been rendered un-normalled by crud. I'll
check those out.
Do you think a bad power supply could be the culprit?
Thanks for the response,
Rob Cathcart

where are you located?

Mark