Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eric B Eric B is offline

Default Two Car Garage Conversion?

I know this is not entirely kosher, but...
Does anyone need a two car garage converted to a recording studio
or music space?
We at Blackmer Sound know a lot about making smaller spaces sound
larger and solving acoustical problems. Questions any one?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Eric B wrote:

We at Blackmer Sound know a lot about making smaller spaces sound
larger and solving acoustical problems. Questions any one?

Where do you suggest that I put the Lamborghini once you convert the
garage to a studio?

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
Eric B wrote:

We at Blackmer Sound know a lot about making smaller spaces sound
larger and solving acoustical problems. Questions any one?

Where do you suggest that I put the Lamborghini once you convert the
garage to a studio?

You can kept it in my driveway, Mike.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eric B Eric B is offline

On Jan 31, 6:50*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

Where do you suggest that I put the Lamborghini once you convert the
garage to a studio?

You can kept it in my driveway, Mike.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

How about on top of the dome at MIT? Or use it for boat anchor
studies... You two probably don't need much advice about room
acoustics. Someone else may...
Posted to rec.audio.pro
crow[_3_] crow[_3_] is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

Where do you suggest that I put the Lamborghini once you convert the
garage to a studio?

You can kept it in my driveway, Mike.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

How about on top of the dome at MIT? Or use it for boat anchor
studies... You two probably don't need much advice about room
acoustics. Someone else may...

Mike Blackmer designed a room that I built in Woodstock, NY some years
back (Applehead). A relative perhaps?

jepp
if it sounds good...IT IS GOOD!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

crow wrote:

Mike Blackmer designed a room that I built in Woodstock, NY some years
back (Applehead). A relative perhaps?

Yes, they're brothers and partners in Blackmer Sound. Also sons of David
Blackmer, the founder and "db" of dbx and Earthworks microphones and
loudspeakers, and developer of many audio innovations. This is a family
who has been in the audio design and consulting business for a long time
and their work deserves to be taken seriously. I was only kidding Eric
about the Lamborghini. I really have a Lexus.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eric B Eric B is offline

On Feb 2, 6:52*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
crow wrote:
Mike Blackmer designed a room that I built in Woodstock, NY some years
back (Applehead). A relative perhaps?

Yes, they're brothers and partners in Blackmer Sound. Also sons of David
Blackmer, the founder and "db" of dbx and Earthworks microphones and
loudspeakers, and developer of many audio innovations. This is a family
who has been in the audio design and consulting business for a long time
and their work deserves to be taken seriously. I was only kidding Eric
about the Lamborghini. I really have a Lexus.

me he
)

Mike- I drive a Subaru. It goes in the snow
Jeep-
I remember Applehead... I wasn't involved but i heard about it.
Michael is very good at room design. This posting is a bald faced
attempt to drum up some business. As you can imagine design and
building of studios is not what it used to be, and at the moment is
flat, dead in the water. I am trying to reach out and be seen by the
new breed of studio people who have basements, garages and family
rooms. They need help and many of them don't even realize it. If you
know anyone of this strip... sorry, anyone who needs acoustics
consulting... sorry, anyone who needs improvements to their listening
or recording space...
Eric B
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eric B Eric B is offline

crow wrote:
[...]

But seriously, Room acoustics dominate almost all listening
situations.
Any questions?
Eric
http://www.BlackmerSound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eric B Eric B is offline

crow wrote:
[...]

Maybe I should have called this thread 'Can I use foam treatments to
improve the sound of my room?'
Now there is a can of worms...
Eric B
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Eric B wrote:
I remember Applehead... I wasn't involved but i heard about it.
Michael is very good at room design. This posting is a bald faced
attempt to drum up some business. As you can imagine design and
building of studios is not what it used to be, and at the moment is
flat, dead in the water. I am trying to reach out and be seen by the
new breed of studio people who have basements, garages and family
rooms. They need help and many of them don't even realize it. If you
know anyone of this strip... sorry, anyone who needs acoustics
consulting... sorry, anyone who needs improvements to their listening
or recording space...

You should consider advertising in magazines like Recording and Tape Op
that are oriented toward that market. Also, some of the online fora have
advertising and sponsorship options... I don't know how effective those are
for the dollar but it gets your name out in front of the people who need to
be seeing it.

The music magazines also can be a big thing. I know that when I put a small
ad for LP mastering in one of the national punk rock magazines that I got
a lot of business from that for a small investment.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Eric B wrote:

Maybe I should have called this thread 'Can I use foam treatments to
improve the sound of my room?'
Now there is a can of worms...

I like a menage of empty egg cartons and ping pong balls.

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Glenn Dowdy[_2_] Glenn Dowdy[_2_] is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Eric B wrote:

Maybe I should have called this thread 'Can I use foam treatments to
improve the sound of my room?'
Now there is a can of worms...

I like a menage of empty egg cartons and ping pong balls.

What color ping pong balls are best?

Glenn D.

There's something NEW in my garage!! Tony F Car Audio 18 March 6th 06 01:15 AM
garage sale GKB Pro Audio 0 January 7th 06 04:28 PM
garage sale Lorin David Schultz Pro Audio 0 December 30th 05 02:26 PM
Converting Garage bbopsax Pro Audio 17 June 17th 05 09:03 PM
Garage Band and Acid Don Cooper Pro Audio 2 April 12th 04 04:46 AM