Ray Thomas

Default Tweeters diminishing HF response ?

Hi all,

My friend has a pair of early-mid 1980's B+W DM12 speakers. The soft dome
tweeters seem to have significantly diminished HF response over recent years
(both left and right units equally), and I'm wondering if this is
possible..ie what is the mechanism for this degradation ? Not discounting
that ears could be rolling off in response too, over the years..lol !
However, given that the drivers are no longer available, can anyone suggest
substitute drivers which would suffice. How would I go about matching and
testing the replacement drivers, esp. for efficiency ? Thanks for your
help,
Ray

Per Stromgren

On 5 Oct 2005 03:43:34 GMT, "Ray Thomas"
wrote:

Hi all,

My friend has a pair of early-mid 1980's B+W DM12 speakers. The soft dome
tweeters seem to have significantly diminished HF response over recent years
(both left and right units equally), and I'm wondering if this is
possible..ie what is the mechanism for this degradation ?

I would check the filters if I were your friend. There is a great
possibility that the filters have capacitors that is out of spec,
which may lead to the effect you describe.

Per.