Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AES Show 2010

The annual article:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes2.htm

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
The annual article:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes2.htm

Thank you. That was a wonderful read.
I know it's for the engineers, but being a musician I'm intrigued by the
Electrolyre. That is one different looking axe!

I like the line on their website: "We're currently learning how to play it
using the frets and pitch control to blend harp technique with electric
guitar styling."

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Hi Scott:

Great report, as always. One correction: you reported that

www.webster.edu/aes/gottlieb

was a bad link. I just tried it, and it's fine.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax Dirk Bruere at NeoPax is offline

On 14/12/2010 14:53, Scott Dorsey wrote:
The annual article:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes2.htm
--scott

I love the term "broadcast quality".
I take it they don't mean suitable for sending over a ****ty bandwidth
limited medium so almost any crap will do...

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax Dirk Bruere at NeoPax is offline

On 14/12/2010 19:53, david gourley wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) put forth the notion in...news:ie80cf$2jm$1
@panix2.panix.com:

The annual article:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes2.htm
--scott

Many thanks !

david

The main stuff I am looking at are Android tablets for use as AV controllers

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
On 14/12/2010 14:53, Scott Dorsey wrote:
The annual article:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes.htm

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/aes2.htm

I love the term "broadcast quality".
I take it they don't mean suitable for sending over a ****ty bandwidth
limited medium so almost any crap will do...

The sonic requirements for broadcast equipment are considerably lower than
for high end audio production, but they are also a lot higher than intercom
systems and talkback, for instance.

But what distinguishes broadcast gear is that reliability is absolutely
critical, and sonic compromises will be made whenever reliability can be
obtained in trade. Compare the Nagra III and the Nagra E for instance.