LIES, DAMNED LIES AND COMPLAINTS

Old November 12th 03, 02:44 PM
Ross Matheson

Default LIES, DAMNED LIES AND COMPLAINTS

In Subject: WHY THE ENEMIES OF SOCIETY PERVERT THE LANGUAGE//Andr Jute
dated: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:00:05 +0200 (CEST)

Andre Jute asserts:

: There is a very useful corollary to naming the chosen victim of this
: gang rape with the name of the perpetrators crime. It legitimizes what
: at Cotse (a server where they try to protect customers against the scum
: abroad on the net) they have labeled the Joe Job, after the Joenet,
: a mailing list (think of it as a semi-private newsgroup) also about tube
: high-fi amplifiers, from where the experts in this crime migrated to RAT.

Wrong. The "Joe Job" has in fact absolutely *nothing* to do with the
"Joenet", except in the common name, and in Mr.Jute's imagination.

See http://tinyurl.com/uivv

Extract:
==
The term originated from an attack on Joe Doll, proprietor of Joe's
CyberPost (joes.com). Doll's Web site, online since 1994, offers free Web
pages to anyone who agrees to his stipulated rules, which include "good
netiquette when publicizing your page." In 1996, one of his free page users
sent bulk, unsolicited messages to a number of newsgroups. When questioned,
the user claimed to have been unaware that this behavior contravened Doll's
rules. Soon afterwards, the same person started promoting their Web page
through an e-mail spam campaign and Doll terminated the user's account. One
of the recipients-turned-spammer retaliated with threats, mail bombs, and
forged messages to spam lists that made the messages appear to come from
Doll. The recipients of the forged e-mail messages, believing Doll had sent
the spam, retaliated by attacking joes.com and disabling Joe's CyberPost for
over 10 days.
==

RdM
Old November 12th 03, 03:14 PM
jim

"Ross Matheson" > wrote in message
> In Subject: WHY THE ENEMIES OF SOCIETY PERVERT THE LANGUAGE//Andr Jute
> dated: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:00:05 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Andre Jute asserts:
>
> : There is a very useful corollary to naming the chosen victim of this
> : gang rape with the name of the perpetrators crime. It legitimizes what
> : at Cotse (a server where they try to protect customers against the scum
> : abroad on the net) they have labeled the Joe Job, after the Joenet,
> : a mailing list (think of it as a semi-private newsgroup) also about tube
> : high-fi amplifiers, from where the experts in this crime migrated to

RAT.

> Wrong. The "Joe Job" has in fact absolutely *nothing* to do with the
> "Joenet", except in the common name, and in Mr.Jute's imagination.
>
> See http://tinyurl.com/uivv
>
> Extract:
> ==
> The term originated from an attack on Joe Doll, proprietor of Joe's
> CyberPost (joes.com). Doll's Web site, online since 1994, offers free Web
> pages to anyone who agrees to his stipulated rules, which include "good
> netiquette when publicizing your page." In 1996, one of his free page

users
> sent bulk, unsolicited messages to a number of newsgroups. When

questioned,
> the user claimed to have been unaware that this behavior contravened

Doll's
> rules. Soon afterwards, the same person started promoting their Web page
> through an e-mail spam campaign and Doll terminated the user's account.

One
> of the recipients-turned-spammer retaliated with threats, mail bombs, and
> forged messages to spam lists that made the messages appear to come from
> Doll. The recipients of the forged e-mail messages, believing Doll had

sent
> the spam, retaliated by attacking joes.com and disabling Joe's CyberPost

for
> over 10 days.
> ==
>
> RdM

Hiya, Ross,
Put me down for one of these, gang rape, Joe Jobs !!! I have stuck me
penis patch on me forehead and have a stand off like a small larch tree....
Brace yourself, Andre !!
Is Andre Jute an anagram of Julie Andrews ?? I'm googling the Joenet
looking for a Joejob, at this moment in time, or as we speak, even..... Can
I have a Julie Job ?? What's Doll net ?
Now googling, frantically, for a ..... Julie, Doll, job.... Julie, babe,..
I have a small tree waiting for you here...... You can gang rape me
anytime.... I am, virtually, .... stipulating !!!!!
Afterwards, we can insult Patrick Turner, together....
regards
jim