need help post processing

Old May 21st 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default need help post processing

I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
loudly. How can I fix that.
I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
software.
Old May 21st 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

> wrote:
>I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
>loudly. How can I fix that.

Use a different microphone. Move the microphone higher or lower.
Tape a pencil to the front of the microphone. Use different talent.
Stick bubble gum on their front teeth.

>I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
>software.

You can always use a de-esser or a frequency-selective compressor, but
the real solution is retracking. Didn't you notice it during tracking
in the first place?

Old May 21st 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On May 21, 2:29*pm, Laurence Payne > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:34:40 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >I recorded a girl reading some quotes and her s's came through quite
> >loudly. *How can I fix that.
> >I'm using a presonus studio live 1642 and the included "capture"
> >software.

> Can you get her back? *It doesn't sound as if you have the tools to
> attempt de-essing. *And it's a kludge anyway. *Re-record and listen
> more carefully to the monitoring. *Do you need advice how to record
> with less sibilance?

Yes, I'm quite new to recording.