Processing

Old March 20th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
GregS[_3_]

Default Processing

I was asking over at a televsion group but I thought I would post here also.
Starting from me watching the Super Bowl On my small mono TV set.

> What was that annoying sound during the Super Bowl ??
>
> greg

I'm back.
Last night I started watching Die Hard on my little mono set. There's
that annoying dee deee de
sound that varies pitch about 2 to 3 times per second. Its basically
the same sound I heard during the game. Its got to be some compression
artifact since it varies with the sound track. There must be some type
of gear or processing creating this. I can't do anything about the
engineering but every time I hear it I am fixated on listening to that
sound and it takes away from my trying to listen to a show. Just
wondering if anybody hears this.
Those are the only times I have noticed this sound and its got to be
on the Die Hard sound track. I need to listen to with better
equipment.
greg