MB

Default Grado 125 headphones

Just bought a pair of Grado 125's. Very bright and almost harsh on the
high end, but remarkably clear with excellent instrument separation. I'm
wondering if they have to burned in as my speakers did? Will they even out
with time? Anyone with personal experience with these or similar
headphones, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Matt
Uptown Audio

They are quite efficient and revealing, so they can sound that way
with some recordings/equipment. Maybe a good excuse for tone controls?
Compared to a pair of similarly priced Sennheisers, the Grados are
more clear and realistic, but are also more revealing of source
problems. Bass is similar, but less muddy sounding. I don't think they
are going to change a lot over time, but I am not a headphone user per
se, so someone who uses them regularly can answer that aspect of your
question best.
- Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"MB" wrote in message
Just bought a pair of Grado 125's. Very bright and almost harsh on

the
high end, but remarkably clear with excellent instrument separation.

I'm
wondering if they have to burned in as my speakers did? Will they

even out
with time? Anyone with personal experience with these or similar
headphones, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Matt

"Lost" left channel into stereo headphones through 3.0 / 3.5 mm stereo jack socket / plug Clive Long,UK General 0 June 9th 04 05:57 PM
amplification for headphones on vcr? [email protected] General 2 January 15th 04 11:30 PM
Headphones Wanted. Patrick D. Rockwell General 16 December 23rd 03 06:25 PM
headphones Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 1 August 22nd 03 05:29 PM
Any experience with Grado SR125 or SR225 headphones? MarkZimmerman High End Audio 3 July 18th 03 08:27 AM