Paul Groves

Default DVD player with good CD sound?

Hi - does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality DVD player,
that also has good sound quality when playing ordinary CDs (something that
seems lacking in most DVD players I've heard)? What are NAD's DVD players
like inm this regards?

regards

Paul

TCS

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:27:05 -0000, Paul Groves wrote:
Hi - does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality DVD player,
that also has good sound quality when playing ordinary CDs (something that
seems lacking in most DVD players I've heard)? What are NAD's DVD players
like inm this regards?

I would suggest looking at a better HT preamp/receiver, one that can take
a digital input and not sound like ****.

Mark D. Zacharias

I don't know how high-end you mean, but I've been looking at the Pioneer
DV-563. Does just about everything, supposedly has good audio DAC's, and
sells all over for 170.00 or less.

Mark Z.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
do a google search in the rec.audio groups for a recent panasonic review,
got a GREAT review not so long ago

"Paul Groves" wrote in message
Hi - does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality DVD player,
that also has good sound quality when playing ordinary CDs (something

that
seems lacking in most DVD players I've heard)? What are NAD's DVD

players
like inm this regards?

regards

Paul

TP

That's very true - DVD players don't generally have good DAC's.

However you can buy whatever player which has digital output
(coaxial) and feed that to external DAC (like Theta). That way
you can get 'everything'. I have Pioneer 300 disc DVD player
and used Theta DAC ($400). There's also other DAC's available.

/timo

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
I don't know how high-end you mean, but I've been looking at the Pioneer
DV-563. Does just about everything, supposedly has good audio DAC's, and
sells all over for 170.00 or less.

Mark Z.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
do a google search in the rec.audio groups for a recent panasonic

review,
got a GREAT review not so long ago

"Paul Groves" wrote in message
Hi - does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality DVD

player,
that also has good sound quality when playing ordinary CDs (something

that
seems lacking in most DVD players I've heard)? What are NAD's DVD

players
like inm this regards?

regards

Paul

John b

I don't know how "high end" you want, but I have a Pioneer DV 563. Yes,
it plays darn near everything and the CD quality sounds great to me
but then again, I'm no audiophile

just my 2 cents
JB