I want to transfer MP3 from CDs to my MP3 player

Old October 13th 16, 11:47 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Abnarthy

Default I want to transfer MP3 from CDs to my MP3 player

Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.
Old October 14th 16, 01:00 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 14/10/2016 11:47 a.m., John Abnarthy wrote:
> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
> titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
> preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

Heaps of options he

http://tinyurl.com/gw9auwq

cheers

Old October 14th 16, 01:18 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:47:33 PM UTC-4, John Abnarthy wrote:
> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
> titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
> preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

Audacity is free and it will work. It MAY be overwhelming, but you can still find past versions of Audio Grabber still out there.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0132710AAK8FhE

Jack
Old October 14th 16, 01:21 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_]

On 13 Oct 2016, John Abnarthy > wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
> titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
> preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

What are the capabilities of your car player? Can it play playlists in
..m3u or other format?

The difficulty is getting the songs to appear in a certain order. Files
burned to disc are supposed to be accessible randomly by a computer -
the idea of "ordering" them on the disc doesn't have much meaning. It's
up to the software on the player side of the equation that decides the
order in which the files will be presented to you. I would hope that
the player might let you sort by Title, Artist, Album, etc - if not, it
might present them in alphanumeric order by file name. So, one possible
way might be to rename the files, prepending a number to them so they
sort in number sequence in your preferred order.

If your player can recognize a playlist on the disc, that would be the
easiest way to do it. M3U playlists are simply text file lists of the
file names, which can be in any order you like. If the car player will
read a playlist file, it will play the songs on the disc in that order.

From a little reading I just did, I think the way iTunes handles it is
that when you burn a playlist to disc as mp3s, it renames the files
with numbers at the beginning, like I mentioned above.

I think that Windows Media Player creates an M3U playlist and burns it
to the disc along with the mp3 files themselves.

I haven't actually tested either of those to see if I'm right. The
upshot, though, is that both iTunes and WMP *may* be able to do what
you want, though by different methods.
Old October 14th 16, 04:48 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

What kind of MP3 player is it?
Apple iPod or?

Mark
Old October 14th 16, 05:06 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_]

On 13 Oct 2016, Nil > wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

]> On 13 Oct 2016, John Abnarthy > wrote in
> rec.audio.pro:
>
>> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order
>> with titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What
>> software, preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

> What are the capabilities of your car player? Can it play
> playlists in .m3u or other format?

I see that I mis-read your question. I thought you wanted to burn CDs
full of mp3s to play in your car CD player.

What mp3 player do you have? How are you planning to connect it to your
car stereo system?

iTunes can do it for Apple products. Windows Media Player can do it for
many non-Apple devices. I like Media Monkey, which is kind of like
"iTunes for non-Apple devices".
Old October 14th 16, 12:23 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 13/10/2016 23:47, John Abnarthy wrote:
> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
> titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
> preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

CDex, Google for it. It was up to version 1.51 a while ago.

Nicely adjustable for quality with many settings to help cope with
scratched and old CDs, and has an optional link to the Gracenote CDDB
for track names and other details if you can't be bothered typing the
metadata in from the sleeve notes.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old October 20th 16, 12:52 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Abnarthy

On 10/13/2016 06:47 PM, John Abnarthy wrote:
> Very simple, I just want to transfer MP3's from CD's in order with
> titles, etc to my MP3 player to listen in the car. What software,
> preferably freeware, will do the job? Thank you.

Just an update here, guys, and I feel kind of, well, not so smart. I
was looking and looking for the right software, but the original files
on the CD's were already in MP3 format, in folders and all, so it was
just a simple drag and drop into the car's MP3 player. Duh..... but....
thanks for the suggestions, I actually did download and try some of the
software later for legitimate transfers. John
'

How to transfer files in sorted order to mp4 player (ICE from LatteCommunication)? zalek General 4 April 16th 08 01:38 PM
TSR-8 to DA-38 transfer [email protected] Pro Audio 7 July 13th 05 09:59 PM
1/4" Transfer mcp6453 Pro Audio 5 June 1st 05 06:39 AM
newbie question, tape player to transfer voice recordings from tape to CD George General 1 July 27th 04 02:44 AM
S/PDIF transfer of audio into 'puter: An adventure in digital transfer! TC Pro Audio 5 July 11th 04 04:16 AM