Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default Hey Hank!

what happened to PRW?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Nate Najar wrote:

what happened to PRW?

Not sure. Terry is looking into it, hoping to get it straightened out
quickly. i miss it already and it's just barely gone! g

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:31:23 PM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:
Nate Najar wrote:

what happened to PRW?

Not sure. Terry is looking into it, hoping to get it straightened out
quickly. i miss it already and it's just barely gone! g

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri

I hope so, I love that place!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nate Najar wrote:

what happened to PRW?

Not sure. Terry is looking into it, hoping to get it straightened out
quickly. i miss it already and it's just barely gone! g

I hope so, I love that place!

It's back this morning. And yes, it's an excellent forum for
audio-musical engineering and production discussions.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ckozicki@snet.net is offline

P R W : English please?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

wrote in message
P R W : English please?

Pro Recording Workshop

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ckozicki@snet.net is offline

On Friday, June 1, 2012 12:18:48 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
in message
P R W : English please?

Pro Recording Workshop

____________
Thankyou poly-!

Nothing personal, but:

I don't eat at "Mickey-D's" - I eat at MCDONALDS.

I don't have breakfast at "I-Hop" - I have breakfast at "House of Pancakes".

I don't know what "KFC" is - but I looove "KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN".

Just keepin' it real, folks,

later!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

On Friday, June 1, 2012 12:18:48 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
in message
P R W : English please?

Pro Recording Workshop

____________
Thankyou poly-!

Nothing personal, but:

I don't eat at "Mickey-D's" - I eat at MCDONALDS.

I don't have breakfast at "I-Hop" - I have breakfast at "House of Pancakes".

I don't know what "KFC" is - but I looove "KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN".

Just keepin' it real, folks,

later!

Real? Surely, you jest. They had to change the name to KFC because there
isn't enough chicken in their products to legally call it chicken.
That's one version of real.

For those to whom it matters, "PRW" works quite well. g It's not an
acronym; it's a set of initials.

For the record, I don't eat at any of those places. Not much at any of
them is real food from my point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, June 1, 2012 6:27:56 PM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:

[...]

__________________
The point I was trying to make is that I don't approve of this trend toward intials and acronyms. I call things what they were called when I was growing up.

But seriously, how does one find this pro-recording workshop group? Is it a usenet group?

-CC
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

[...]

Pro Recording Workshop wasn't around when you were growing up.

But seriously, how does one find this pro-recording workshop group? Is it
a usenet group?

Did you try typing Pro Recording Workshop into a Google search box?

I know, Google wasn't around back then, either.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ckozicki@snet.net is offline

If I had successfully googled prw(via groups or regular variety) do you think I would be asking here?

Where's your CS, YM?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

If I had successfully googled prw(via groups or regular variety) do you
think I would be asking here?

I just did that as an oridnary web search and it came up the fourth
item...

https://www.google.com/search?q=prw&...&rls=org.mozil
la:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Where's your CS, YM?

Hey, I'll turn 68 this year, if I'm lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything!

I just wanted to know what happened to one of my favorite forums, and I know hank is a contributor in both places, so I reached out here.

But, Hank, while I've got you in a thread, thanks ever so much for the recommendation of that red eye preamp. It is absolutely fabulous in every sense- my amplified sound has never been better.

Except that one time I showed up to a gig with a singer and I figured since there were no drums, I would just use the red eye into the PA instead of bringing in my amp. But the house PA was one of those Bose stick things and it was so godawful even the redeye couldn't make it sound good. At the intermission I promptly went and grabbed my amplifier from the car!

I have been meaning to call Darren. I want one they does the exact same thing, but has a volume knob instead of a boost, and the footswitch mutes the thing instead. That would be convenient for me in many ways.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 20:12:46 -0400, in 'rec.audio.pro',
in article Hey Hank!,
Mike Rivers wrote:

Also, people who don't quite know what they're talking
about, when talking to people who they don't know, shouldn't
use "hip" jargon. Just the other day on a forum someone was
talking about "subs." I could tell from the context that he
was probably talking about submasters (he was), and someone
else tried to answer his question as if he was asking about
subwoofers.

Submasters and subwoofers??? Where I come from a "sub" is a submissive
(as opposed to a "dom", who is a dominant).

And I suppose that "bi" means biamplified?

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nate Najar wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything!

Troublemaker!

I just wanted to know what happened to one of my favorite forums, and I
know hank is a contributor in both places, so I reached out here.

People were going through withdrawal.

But, Hank, while I've got you in a thread, thanks ever so much for the
recommendation of that red eye preamp. It is absolutely fabulous in every
sense- my amplified sound has never been better.

That's how I feel about it, too. And you're welcome.

Except that one time I showed up to a gig with a singer and I figured
since there were no drums, I would just use the red eye into the PA
instead of bringing in my amp. But the house PA was one of those Bose
stick things and it was so godawful even the redeye couldn't make it
sound good. At the intermission I promptly went and grabbed my
amplifier from the car!

I find those very weird. Honestly, I've heard worse. I have found that
how I feel about what I'm hearing through them is greatly dependent on
distance and position. On-axis, fairly close, and below the level of the
rig sounds the worst to me. I think it's because basically it's a bunch
of cheap drivers, and from that position there's a slight difference in
arrival time of signal from each. Further back in the room, off to the
side, not so bad.

I like the Baggs version much better. It has better drivers, and a
tweeter. It doesn't scale for large venues.

I've never heard the Phil Jones version, but I'd like to. The cost is
considerably higher. It scales. I've really appreciated his guitar and
bass amps.

http://www.philjonespuresound.com/products/?c=4

I have been meaning to call Darren. I want one they does the exact same
thing, but has a volume knob instead of a boost, and the footswitch
mutes the thing instead. That would be convenient for me in many ways.

Given how hard they're working to keep up with current demand I don't
know that a custom unit is feasilbe for reasonable money. However, the
Twin version mutes input A when you switch to input B, and in boost
mode, that gain pot is a volume control.

(I have personal experience with that mute action, as at first I was
prone to aim for the boost and also hit the switcher button, thereby
depriving the sound system of any sound at all from my instrument. g)

I have a few of the orignial Twin models that are switchable A/B, now
superseded by the Twin Mix version, which is switchable between A/B or
A+B. They're availalbe for $215 plus tax in CA or shipping elsewhere in
the US, while available. Daren's not going to build more of those.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ckozicki@snet.net is offline

68?

Heck I'm 42 - guess I'm more old-fashioned than most old folks! I don't know, I guess saying "mcdonalds" sounds more respectful and 'civilized' than "mc-Ds!" lol. It's how I was brought up I guess. And I'll always say "pro recording workshop" for the sake of others out there like me who don't even know what CBS or ABC even stand for. lol!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

68?

Heck I'm 42 - guess I'm more old-fashioned than most old folks! I don't
know, I guess saying "mcdonalds" sounds more respectful and
'civilized' than "mc-Ds!" lol.

I have no good reason to offer respect to that company, nor any thought
that it's a civilized operation.

It's how I was brought up I guess. And
I'll always say "pro recording workshop" for the sake of others out
there like me who don't even know what CBS or ABC even stand for. lol!

Before their own official remonikering they meant the following:

Columbia Broadcasting System

American Broadcasting Company

The now go by their initials. Looks better on the stock exchange.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote:

I like the Baggs version much better.

That is a misstatement. The product I meant is the Fishman Solo.

Where's Hank? Chris Hornbeck Pro Audio 2 July 9th 05 12:18 AM
MXL V69- Hank? Kirt Shearer Pro Audio 8 August 14th 03 05:52 PM
contacting hank alrich Chris Smalt Pro Audio 2 July 4th 03 09:38 PM