Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert J Dewar

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

New York Reunion- McCoy Tyner
Personnel: McCoy Tyner (piano); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Ron Carter
(bass); Al Foster (drums). Recorded At RCA Studio A, New York, New York on
April 3-4, 1991. Includes liner notes by Bret Primack.

This is often mentioned as a great sounding recording. THe music ain`t half
bad, either! Also available as a hybrid SACD if you are so inclined. I
think my next CD player is going to be a multi (ie) able to play SACD,
DVDaudio etc. Anybody have one of those?

Robert J Dewar

"chris lee" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone recommend a cd that *sounds* great, regardless of the style
of music (but preferably jazz). I listen mostly to hip hop and
electronica, and while I enjoy the music, often the sound quality
isn't the best (partly, I think, because the music is produced by
sampling rather than by real instruments). I recently upgraded my
stereo, and the difference between good sounding CDs and average
sounding ones is very obvious. I bought the remastered 'Kind of Blue'
recently and it sounds fantastic. I'm not asking for CDs you like,
but ones which have a noticeable clarity of sound. Any other
recommendations would be welcome.

peace
chris