JohanWagener

Default putting amp in a box: good or bad?

I want to put my amp into a wooden box for protection against bumps,
scratches, ect. The amp has a fan in the middle of its top.

If I dril a big hole in the middle top of the box and also small holes on
the sides for ventilation it would work right?

Ge0

This will work OK. Just make sure you have air flow over the amp. One way
to do this is mount a fan blowing in on one side and another pulling air out
on the opposite side. The whole idea it to get hot air away from the amps
heat sink.

I had three a/d/s/ amps mounted under a false floor in my trunk for over a
year without them over heating or shutting down. I created a wind tunnel
that drew fresh air in and pushed it out the other end. The amps ran cool
and happy.

--
Ge0
TeamAMP #4 - tech whiz type of guy
Low cost car stereo equipment repair/ modification
Contact me for advice or a quote.
Always interested in buying dead equipment too.
Looking for answers on car stereo topics?
www.mobileaudio.com
www.teamrocs.com
http://go.to/bcae/
Geo uses:
Main Stage = a/d/s/ 336is.2
Rear fill = a/d/s/ 335is.2
Subs = Audiomobile Mass 2012 S24
Head unit = Denon DCT-1000R
Processor 1 = Orion DEQ30
Processor 2 = Tubedriver LDX-23 3-way x-over
Processor 3 = Ge0 brewed digital time delay
Sub Amp = a/d/s/ P4100.2
Main & rear fill amp = a/d/s/ P840.2
Interconnects = Streetwires ZN2.0, custom balanced and optical cabling
Power distribution = Streetwires
Ge0 rides Ventanna and GT double boinger MTB's
Bikes built from deals at WWW.MTBREVIEW.COM
****