xy

Default latest issue of recording magazine

just got the latest issue of recording (i get it free with taxi).

most of the stuff is for beginners, but there's some stuff in there to
entertain the journeyman-level people.

Scott Dorsey's Oktava mic mod article *rocked*. I am amazed at how he
can look at a circuit and say "well this part sucks, but that thing
over there is a good idea".

I think i'm going to specifically buy an Oktava at some point just to
do the mod (they are only $99 at guitar center). I still only know a
little bit about circuits, but the one thing i *am* good at is
soldering. This looks like something right up my alley.

Mr. Rivers article on impedance was good too. I haven't fully read it
yet, but it's one of those things i should know. Plus the equation
seemed simple enough. three variables. and mike always explains
things well.

The latest Great River preamp looked killer. Nice and fat, Fred
Flintsone sized components. The way it should be.

Also, the Caig tips from Mr. Stamler were good. I only know about
ProGold. It looks like he's going through some tough physical times.
That sucks.

I doubt that mag will ever get past reviewing the latest Zoom box, but
it's nice to see some real "sink your teeth in" editorial for people
further down the path.