How Do You Guys Feel About Changing Our Name to "rec.audio.video.car"?

Old June 19th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Default How Do You Guys Feel About Changing Our Name to "rec.audio.video.car"?

I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the logistics,
but I think it's time we do it.

What do you guys think?

MOSFET

Old June 19th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.audio.car

I think that it should be done in secret, so that Bob doesn't know

-Branden

m...

Old June 19th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Um.. Why? There's not that many topics about it, and it falls within the
12v mobile audio/electronics discussion. I think there's more that
WOULDN'T fit into the r.a.v.c newgroup. An additional group, maybe. But
I don't think it should be changed.

Brandonb

Old June 20th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.audio.car

Branden Nelsen wrote:
> I think that it should be done in secret, so that Bob doesn't know
>
> -Branden

I Agree, maybe it will help to deter (sp?) him.
and also,
i as one,
am into both aspects of this hobby now.

Old June 20th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.audio.car

"MOSFET" > wrote:

>I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the logistics,
>but I think it's time we do it.
>
>What do you guys think?
>
>MOSFET

I'm sure for it

I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based
Old June 20th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
interface to the usenet. example google groups.

With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

Old June 20th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.audio.car

In article >, "Vivek" > wrote:
>Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
>interface to the usenet. example google groups.
>
>With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
>your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP
>
> wrote in message
.. .
>| "MOSFET" > wrote:
>|
>| >I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
>logistics,
>| >but I think it's time we do it.
>| >
>| >What do you guys think?
>| >
>| >MOSFET
>| >

>| I'm sure for it
>|
>| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
used to have about 20 times more postings.

greg
Old June 20th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.audio.car

I LIKE rec.multimedia.car a BUNCH! That's a killer idea. That would be my
vote.

MOSFET

"GregS" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Vivek" >
> wrote:
>>Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
>>interface to the usenet. example google groups.
>>
>>With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
>>your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

. ..

Old June 21st 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.audio.car

So go make it happen. It's not a task I'd ask for though.

PD

Old June 22nd 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.audio.car

"GregS" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Vivek" >
> wrote:
>>Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
>>interface to the usenet. example google groups.
>>
>>With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
>>your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP
>>
> wrote in message
. ..

>>logistics,

>>| I'm sure for it
>>|
>>| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

> I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
> I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
> used to have about 20 times more postings.
>
> greg

Not only that but some of us are still using real news-feeds and tend to
limit what is on. In other words some folks will not get the group anymore.
I think there is a higher percentage of folks wiht questions about car audio
than car video. Many with video are simply using the stock systems that
came with the SUV or Minivan. Before you flame me think percentages of Vid
players in vehicles and how many are aftermarket........

Chad