#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
external usenet poster

Default Electrohome tube amp - what does it value?

Hi,
Saw your old posing on Google your Electrohome Model 700 amplifier. I, also have one of these. I haven't hooked it up yet, but it looks pretty robust. I am thinking about selling it, because I have another old amp which uses 6V6 output tubes, and I love the sound of these...they sound much "fatter" than the 6BQ5's. Question is, did you ever get an estimate of what the Electrohome 700 amp is worth? If you get this, and would be kind enough to reply, would you email me directly at
THANKS,
Peter Simmons
Hendersonville, TN

#2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
external usenet poster

Default Electrohome tube amp - what does it value?

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 7:32:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,
Saw your old posing on Google your Electrohome Model 700 amplifier. I, also have one of these. I haven't hooked it up yet, but it looks pretty robust. I am thinking about selling it, because I have another old amp which uses 6V6 output tubes, and I love the sound of these...they sound much "fatter" than the 6BQ5's. Question is, did you ever get an estimate of what the Electrohome 700 amp is worth? If you get this, and would be kind enough to reply, would you email me directly at
THANKS,
Peter Simmons
Hendersonville, TN

Their audio stuff does not seem to get much respect on the auction venue. Most of the examples do not sell, and most of the prices are quite 'up there' as tube stuff goes, especially stuff with low name-recognition. I have seen a few examples at Kutztown, and they either sit, or don't go for very much.

I have seen some of their 'space-age' systems sell at significant prices to decorators and collectors - but the rest of it, not so much.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA