Funny as a fart

Old August 8th 18, 12:33 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Funny as a fart

I recently found a second foam pop-filter/wind-sock to go over the ares
end of my AKG D224E.

Thought I'd check it out this evening in my lounge, to see if there was
any great effect - there was little.

Flicked the TV over to MTV Classic and there was Free doing All Right
Now at some festival. And in Paul Rodger's hand, taped to another
'conventional' vocal mic, was a D224 complete with the windsocks on each
end !

Presumably the 58 (or whatever) for the live sound, and the 224 for the
recording there-of.

I note it also had something wrapped around it, presumably to isolate
the handling noise, which is quite high without some isolation.

What a coincidence - should buy a lottery ticket !

Old August 8th 18, 07:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_]

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 23:33:32 +1200, geoff >
wrote:

>I recently found a second foam pop-filter/wind-sock to go over the ares
>end of my AKG D224E.
>
>Thought I'd check it out this evening in my lounge, to see if there was
>any great effect - there was little.
>
>Flicked the TV over to MTV Classic and there was Free doing All Right
>Now at some festival. And in Paul Rodger's hand, taped to another
>'conventional' vocal mic, was a D224 complete with the windsocks on each
>end !
>
>Presumably the 58 (or whatever) for the live sound, and the 224 for the
>recording there-of.
>
>I note it also had something wrapped around it, presumably to isolate
>the handling noise, which is quite high without some isolation.
>
>What a coincidence - should buy a lottery ticket !
>
>geoff

Last week ,just before retiring for the night, I listened to Another
World by the Roches and Corky Siegel by Corky Siegel on you tube. The
next afternoon, I pulled 2 unlabelled discs, stacked next to each
other, supposedly in alphabetical order, out of a row of burned CDs.
None of these 60 cds are labelled. The cds were the ones I had just
listened to on you tube and they were not supposed to be together. I
was rattled and wonder what the odds of something like this happening
is.